kaskaskia river

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by hock_paul, Jun 6, 2009.

1. hock_paul

hock_paul New Member

State:
    illinois
    Has anyone been fishing for flatheads on or near the kaskaskia recently? i was just wondering if they were on the spawn yet or not. I'm heading there this weekend and can't decide what fish to target.:confused2: Any info. would be much appreciated, thanks guys!:big_smile:

2. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    were you at on the rivr, i fish it by shelbyvil, dam ,its high, i think its to cold for the spawn just yet, there spawning in the cooling lakes now, i think the swan will start anytime now

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I beleive the Kaskaskia is still a little cold , but I dont know much lol .

When I fish the river I usually set up 1 pole for a flatty with a big ol' bluegill or shad . Then I set the other pole up with a little smaller bait . This way I can play around why waiting for the flats to bite the bigger bait .

4. hock_paul

hock_paul New Member

State:
    illinois
    You guys are right, the water temp. is at 71 degrees. I fished south of Baldwin today and only caught two channels, one at 15lb. and another at around 8#. I usually fish north of Fayetteville when targeting flats, but I wanted to run the boat a little bit. Thanks for the info. guys!

5. NEW CAT

NEW CAT New Member

State:
    illinois
    No the flats are not in yet, only a couple here and there.Stripper and channel are doing well.GIVE the flats a little more time.Good luck