Kaskaskia river this evening

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by ac30treb, Jul 9, 2008.

1. ac30treb

ac30treb New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Anyone know if we can put in at the lock and dam? Thought I'd check before heading down there.
    Thanks.

2. ac30treb

ac30treb New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I called the lock (618)284-7160 and they were very easy to talk to about the conditions around there. Currently, the roads to the river access are gated and closed.

We put the boat in near Prairie du Rocher on a relatives flooded property. After casting for bait for about 45 minutes with no luck, we decided to spend the rest of the evening at the bar in Renault.

Conditions will probably be more ideal (for me) in about 2 weeks.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a good plan, it is pretty dangerous to be out when the rivers are up that high. Welcome to the Boc, this site is full of good info and great people

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    haha yes one of those rare times when the bar is a safer place

5. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    The lock and Dam you are talking about is at the mouth of the mississippi river correct. The ramp at Carlyle is still open as I know.

6. ac30treb

ac30treb New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The lock south of Modoc. Where the Kaskaskia meet the Mississippi.

Spiral:
    I got your pm. I don't have enough posts to reply. To let you know, my relatives property is by the Mississippi. It doesn't actually have a ramp. So I don't have a hookup to help you to access the Kaskaskia. (probably too late to help anyhow)

I should have mentioned that we ended up in the Mississippi river sloughs outside of Rocher that evening.

Thanks for the nice welcome. Hopefully in a couple weeks, I'll catch some fish to update my avatar.