Kaskaskia River Question @ CArlyle.....

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by SLIPKNOT, Jul 8, 2008.

1. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    Is the only ramp south of Carlye lake at the bridge right down for the dam. If so are we able to go down river from that ramp or is it too shallow. When I was there last year you could see the rocks and it was unpassable. Whats the next ramp past the ramp below the dam? Any help would be great.

2. hock_paul

hock_paul New Member

State:
    illinois
    That's the only ramp north of Fayetteville to access the Kaskaskia that i know of. When you said rocks, did you mean rocks beneath the ramp or across the river? I've put in there before and gone down river quite a ways, but the water was always high.

3. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    I meant under the bridge by the boat ramp. It looked like a wing dike almost. But again the water was really low when I was there.

4. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    There are two ramps, one on the spillway side and another below the rocks on the south side of the highway. I believe it is marked, go to Mama Lavish's bait shop go east on the street south of her place and you should run into it.

5. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    I put on at the one by Lavish's you will have no problem right now they are running it bank full. you could put in there and run clear to fayetville wide open ..