Kaskaskia river info

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by rivercatter, Oct 29, 2007.

1. rivercatter

rivercatter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I just heard from a buddy of mine that the new power house near New Athens is going to use the river for cooling instead of building a lake. I wonder if it will have the same effect on fishing in the river as it does a lake.:confused2:

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Geee does that mean that the Corp will actually have to keep water flowing through it 24/7 :eek:oooh: That will be a first if they do, hope they do will turn it back into a full time fishery :wink: As far as cooling I wouldn't see why atleast a bit of it would ? would keep a decent current all the time if nothing else.

3. rivercatter

rivercatter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It would be nice to have water-flow all the time. I'm just courious if it will raise the water temp down river? Could make the bite better in colder months.

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Agree with that, not sure it would be that far of a stream into the winter but never know until right?, Make for some nice foggy runs thats for sure. Have you read anything on this in any of the southern papers?

5. rivercatter

rivercatter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    No a buddy is part of the construction crew that laid the pipe. I havent heard it any where else.

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    well I think regardless of how much water is put out I would think it would make at least one real good spot for winter fishing. We fish the power plant lakes alot in the winter around here, and well ya know thats the best time, fishing 50-60 degree water in December-Feb. Let us know if ya hear any more on this, thanks.

7. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks for the info! This is the first I've heard about it. I agree that it would be nice to have a second winter fishing area.

8. rivercatter

rivercatter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    No problem. As soon as I hear anything I'll post it here. Good luck out there.