Kaskaskia River Conditions

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by JMANWI, Apr 17, 2009.

1. JMANWI

JMANWI New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I live on the Missouri side and was thinking about hitting the Kaskaskia tomorrow before the the rain hits. Anybody from the area been over to the river? I see it has been right at flood stage all week and was wondering if it was still fishable in the Fayetteville/New Athens area. Thanks for your help.

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well can't speak for that far south right now, but still running high, gonna be all over the place after this next round, but it was not all trashed up yesterday south of Carlyle oh 3-4 miles.

3. JMANWI

JMANWI New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well I just got back from Fayetteville. The river is high but it is fishable. I fished upstream of the boat ramp. I haven't fished this area of the river all that much but since the water was so high it was hard to position any fish. There was some trash but nothing ridiculous. Shad were pretty easy to come by and I brought some frozen skipjack with me also. Fished all morning and didn't get a bite. Hit some holes, structure,and flats with no luck. The water is still pretty cold. I plan on going more this summer so if anyone has advice for this section of river it would be appreciated.

4. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    Well north of carlyle lake the river is going down but fishing is good on fresh shad gut. caught 15 channel today between 3.30P.m @7.30 pm just got home fish are cleaned and ready to go back in the morning.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

5. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Sounds like some great fishing! Congrats and rip some more lips in the morning! Gotta make hay when the sun is shinin' they say.