Kaskaskia River above shelbyville set's new record water level.

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by Slick Skin, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    the old record set in 1994 was 17.3 feet went by the wayside this afternoon at the new level of 20.9 feet and still coming up...

2. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I over heard some crappie fishermen at the local bait shop. They said dnr is predicting the lake to return to normal pool in september. WOW! Thats nuts! Anyway, we put a bunch of bank poles in about a week before the rain. I'm sure they are all gone. Its making it nearly impossible to access the river above the lake. :(

3. Weaponx

Weaponx New Member

State:
    Rock Island, ILL
    Hey brother Slick,
    I hear ya on the record flooding. We too have had 3 major floods this year alone! We are hitting deer on the roads at work,by the hundreds.........they got no place to go.Really sad.....Talk to you soon....Matt

4. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    we'v had flooding since feb. I'v never seen nothing like it.I got a report of a 68 pounder caught at shelbyville...down in the lake...i know the guy at shelbyville that open's and close's the boat ramp's [he has the key to the gate's] he said the samething ,Sept. if we dont' get much more rain...........

5. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I dont suppose the forecasted 4 inches today will help much :(

6. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    the boat ramp's are closed again..some had never opened..i was there last night the water was up to the top of the ramp where Iwas .if it raises 6 inch's it will be closed....