Kaskaskia flatties

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by hock_paul, Jul 21, 2008.

1. hock_paul

hock_paul New Member

State:
    illinois
    Happy Monday again fellas! Went to the Kasky north of Fayetteville on Sat. night. Didn't catch anything, but got a couple of real good hits. We were fishing with green sunfish, and started ten miles up from the ramp. Fished just about every good hole and logjam back from 7:00 to 5:00 a.m.. I don't know what we did wrong, maybe not fishing close enough to the cover, we even fished a couple of flats which is where we got the most bites. It seemed like everyone else was fishing set lines and nets though, not one other guy was fishing rod and reel. Gonna give it another whirl this weekend and maybe run some sets. GOOD FISHING ALL!

2. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    my buddies didn't do to great this weekend either up in there you may have seen them that's about where they were fishing ..they said they didn't bite because the river was dropping fast...

3. hock_paul

hock_paul New Member

State:
    illinois
    If they were the guys with the sets pretty close to the boat ramp, i did see them. In fact, ask them if they had to pull a dummy up the ramp and out of the mud(that was me). For some god-forsaken reason, my 4-wheel drive would'nt engage, never done it before, has'nt done it since. If it was them please tell them again how mush i appreciate it! I'm gonna give her another try this weekend though, probably drive my old ladys AWD Grand cherokee though!____ Just in case!:wink:

4. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    did you go up to where the big pipe come's over the bank from Okawville????????..they said what few fish they caught that's where the caught them at.......

5. hock_paul

hock_paul New Member

State:
    illinois
    Nope, we passed that up and fished back. I'm gonna try itagain thisweekend though.:wink:

6. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    good luck ..my buddies will be there too.