Kasey kahne

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by beaneye46, Apr 18, 2006.

1. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    any kahne fans?
    hes a young guy and he's doing pretty good so far, id like to see him go all the way.

2. LarryS

LarryS New Member

State:
    Clinton,Il
    Not a bad driver at all, but how about Ray Everham? I think he has a little to do with the 9 car having a strong start, kinda like he did with the 24 car

3. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Larrys - welcome aboard! What part of IL. you from?

Kahne is the hot gun now that his sophmore year is over - and yes Ray is the one who put Gordon on the map - hope Kahne see's this cause Gordon didn't!

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    screen I think Gordon knows that RE put him on the map I dont think it was big headedness really I dont. I think it was a growing thing I cant put it into words really well. JG was used as he used RE respectivly I think. If it wasnt for JG then RE would have never gotten the attention the he got (at least not as soon). Does that make sense? I think it was JG trying to fly by himself if that makes any sense.

5. LarryS

LarryS New Member

State:
    Clinton,Il
    I just moved to Clinton about a month ago from Orlando. And yes i am a Gordon fan, so let the bashing begin. I'm used to it.

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Kahne is a fine driver, but he will never be a Jeff Gordon in my opinion, he will get his wins with Evernham Motorsports but can he do back to back championships? I dont think so. If Evernham had a choice to replace Kahne with Jeff Gordon he would do it in a heartbeat. Ray Evernham had a secure position offered to him with Hendrick Motorsports but the time came when Dodge entered into the series and aligned themselves with Evernham if he would start his own teams. That would be hard to turn down all that primary sponsership with a long term contract. Jeff Gordon wanted his own team also, and wouldnt be able to with Evernham Motorsports and still drive for the same team. Which brings us to ... Where would Jimmie Johnson be if Jeff Gordon had went with Evernham to Dodge?

7. FRANK

FRANK New Member

State:
    Welland,Ontario,Canada
    Kasey Kahne Rocks!!
    But I have to agree with Wolfman that he won't ever be someone as successful at Jeff Gordon but I guess we should never say never.

8. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    It is rare in motorsports that you see the best ie... crew chief and driver, come together like Jeff and Ray! I believe the last pair was DW and his crew chief?

9. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Kahne is good - Gordon is great. Kahne will never be as good as Gordon! Larry, your not alone, I'm a Gordon fan also. Welcome to the BOC.

10. ohiocattracker

ohiocattracker New Member

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Well with new points and rules in Nascar maybe Kahne wont win that many Championships but he has showen he can win races and run well now when he gets consistant like this year so far you cant count him out of Championships.As for Gordon maybe if he would quit trying to be in show biz and get back to racing maybe he can turn things around lol that means quit hosting Regis and Kathy lee i dont know new girls name lol.Gordon has also been doing this a while im sure he had or has burnout on it all.When he was kid at tracks over here in Indiana when i saw him they passed pettion around for other drivers to sign just to let him race then he would smoke them and the crowds where all around him even back then late 80s early 90s.Not a big Gordon Fan but he can drive. Welcome to board LarryS

11. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Screen, DW's crew chief back then was Jeff Hammond, that was a great pair