Karma returns

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by tofish, Apr 29, 2008.

1. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i try to do something good everyday. maybe return shopping cart, open door, or something. today, got it back in tripicate.
    started out like this. got bored, so hit squaw lake about 7:00 tonight. just as family on four wave runners pull in. (i mean family) grandma, grandpa, mom, dad, little girl about 4, another girl about 2, and one maybe 1 or 1 1/2. all on the wave runners. they start to unload kids, take life jackets off, and oldest falls off dock into water and they don't see. here i go, into water, after her. no problem. get her out. things okay. think they are stuped though. i leave dock and head out for fish. gonna head upriver and fish. (changed into dry clothes i keep in truck) get to spot and fish for maybe hr. nadda. now i'm getting chilly cause i'm in shorts, and the darn bugs are out. about then, i hear a voice. "is that a boat there tied to shore"? i say yes. they say, we have problem. motor won't run. can you help us into squaw lake? well, can't leave someone stranded and was about 2 miles up from lake. they'd been out on river with no power since about 5 or so they said. sooooooooo, they had a anchor rope about 100 ft long and i started towing. got them to dock. nice couple in the 60 age bracket. asked me what they could give me for towing them in, and i told them since i was going in anyhow, just remember and help someone else out.
    making story shorter, got home and unloaded boat. go to empty beer and bait from ice chest, and 100.00 bill in chest. evidently, when the guy and i walked up to get the trailors, his wife put it in there. don't know their names, but couldn't of come at a better time for me.
    just shows that karms does come around for those that do good.

gary

2. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thats cool, because if youre like me you wouldnt have accepted the money if you were starving. Good to hear there is someone out there that still appreciates a good samaritan.

3. Dirkdigler33

Dirkdigler33 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Good to see that there are still some good ole boys out there. Congrats

4. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome back good to see you:cool2:

5. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc you will love it to the tea:big_smile:

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    My Pleasure to Know You Gary!!!! God Bless. J.D.:smile2:

7. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    You're a good man Gary.... now go spend the the money on the g-kids.... LOL

Bayrunner Ray

8. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    great posting thats cool when that happens rick

9. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Not too many people out there like you anymore Gary. Alot of us fisherman should try to do the same. Your a good man, thanks for sharing.

10. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    wtg, i too believe u get it back in some way or another, whether u do good or bad!!:wink: