Karl Emerson/James River, Va.

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by Mac-b, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Karl towed his boat up to the James River, along with his partner and got themselves a nice big kittie. Karl just called me and said it weighed in at 78 pounds and was 48" long. He will e-mail me the photo when he gets off work tonight.

A 74 here, a 75 there and now a 78 up north, what's next? Man I love this action, I might have to stop striper fishing and get the cat gear out.

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Tell Karl he bad better not pull a Flopeye and show up at the weigh-in Sunday with a 70 pound fish thats been in a livewell for two days!!! :crazy:

Tell him we said congrats!! :big_smile:

3. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Karl and his partner fish photo is now available. Nice looking blue!

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i believe thats jerry hilderbran holding up that giant blue. sounds like a great trip. yep throw them striper rods down mac. tomahawk had that striper fever too but hes getting back on a good track fast. congrates to all these folks catching the hogs around here. i would say its trophy time again.

5. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Thats an awesome fish!! He will be pumped for the tournament this weekend!! :wink:

6. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Bro., that is Jerry in the photo., another Carolinas Catfish Club member for a long time.

7. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    That kinda looked like him hidden behind that big pig!!

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    jerry has been know to stand behind a good many hogs too. i have even watched him on stage at randolfs state championship tour. taking home the winners check too along with another good fisherman named kevin custer. i havent never met karl that i know of. maybe one day in the future karl at one of the ccc meetings. i been wanting to try the james myself but just keep putting it off for some reason. i hear they been biting pretty good up there. i had talked to jerry at santee in the summer and he informed me that he gets a 50lber plus from up there about every trip. sounds like the kind of fishing i would like to do. another good fish caught here was the 63 tomahawk caught last week at badin. so good fish showing up all the way to lake x. :smile2: