Kansas

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by millertimemarine, Apr 8, 2008.

1. millertimemarine

millertimemarine Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Name:
    Wyatt
    How about them jayhawks showing what kansas is all about? National champs. Now i need to go fish and measure how much my hair line receded after that game haha.

2. Bullfoot

Bullfoot New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!!!!:big_smile:

3. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk!! I took my ten year old son down on Mass with me after the game last night. What an experience. I dont think the kid will ever be the same. Was kinda hard to get him up for school this morning, but he still had a smile on his face!! I think all those college girls that he was getting squished by may have had something to do with it!! Lawrence is still rockin!!

4. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Memphis Who??? A little worried towards the end of the second half but they showed how tuff they really are by never giving up.I would be smiling to if i was surrounded by a bunch a college girls!!

5. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    ROCK CHALK!:big_smile: Had to be the best game in NCAA tourney history ever!!

6. KSFish

KSFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Got kind of worried towards the end, but once it went to O.T. I knew it was ours. We had the momentum!

7. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    It was one hell of a game between two closely matched teams which could
    have gone either way on any given day. I loved watching it and truly thought
    it was going to go to Memphis until Chalmers sunk that three pointer and
    sent it into overtime. And I don't even like basketball most of the time...

8. millertimemarine

millertimemarine Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Name:
    Wyatt
    yeah it was a nail-biter for sure. mass street was really crazy. people drinking out in the street right in front of cops. i have to give props to the lawrence pd and douglas county sheriff's office for being so understanding over the event and allowing us to get it out of our system.

9. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Probably the first entire bbgame i've watched in 20 years. It was worth waiting for!

10. iFish

iFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Memphis probably should have won, if they could make their freethrows... Once it went into overtime I knew it was over

11. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Ive been a loyal KU Basketball fan as long as I can remember. After last year's loss to UCLA in the Great Eight, I was crushed. I had been waiting all year for this. I knew this was our year. When I went to buy a current players jersey a few months back , I could of got anyones jersey, but I bought SUPER MARIO'S jersey. I knew last year we had a heck of a team coming back, and I was more enthusiastic about this year , than any other , coming into the beginning of the season. I remember how close we were in '03 , and how that was such a difficult year for me personally. Life had been going pretty good for me lately, until Sat. night after we beat UNC. Misfortune struck me once again, but I kept my emotions in check , and watched the National Championship as scheduled with some of my closest friends. With 2 min. left in the game, I was hoping this wouldnt be another year of heartbreak, but after Sherron stole the ball , passed it to Mario, and Mario passed it back and Sherron drained the 3, I knew we had a chance. Memphis's only flaw this whole season was their free throw shooting, and they had been shooting very well thus far in the tourney. Luck , was on our side as they missed 4 out of 5 FT's down the stretch. Then finally when SUPER MARIO shot the miracle 3 , I did as I had done so many times this season , I yelled out SUPERRRRRRRRRRRRRR MARIOOOOOOOOOOO, and swoosh, suddenly I went from being border line suicidal to having a glimmer of hope for my team and myself. Did I foremention , how big a KU fan I am ? Ive went through thick and thin with this team for years now. Ive listened to all the criticism from people in all walks of my life. (co-workers,acquaintances,and alot of people Ive just ran acrossed in life and bs'd with about college baskeball.) Now , finally , after all that Ive been through personally, I get some glory , and hope. For years , since I was a kid , its been almost impossible for me to cry. Ive been to funerals, Ive seen friends and family go through heartache that should of made me shed a tear or two , but nothing. When MARIO hit that 3, I shed a few tears and knew it was destiny. I mean , who is down by 9 with 2 min left to the # 1 team (most of the year), and comes back to tie it up and send it to overtime. Then as 8 of my buddies and me stood in front of a 65" DLP big screen and watched my beloved Jayhawks dominate the overtime period, I get a phone call from my sister in Kentucky with the last 3 seconds expiring off the clock , and I just start balling like a baby. We then go out on to the balcony of the apartment and start singing the ROCKCHALK CHANT for a good 10 mins. Shortly after we are in the car , and on our way to Lawrence. We got there about 40 min later, got a hotel , had a cab drop us on Mass. St. and partied till 4 am. I just wanted to thank all the Jayhawks Fans/Kansas Catfishermen in this forum that had faith in OUR JAYHAWKS from game 1 this season. Ive met numerous people this year that were born and raised in Kansas , and theyve said we always choke ,and we'll never win another Championship, and I told them that after we lift the trophy, I BETTER NOT SEE YOU WITH A JAYHAWKS HAT OR SHIRT ON !!!!!!! There is nothing worse than a fair weather fan , in my book. What a great season, what a way to come back so dramatically and win it all. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. Sorry for rambling, but I just wanted to share some of my joy , from the happiest night of my life.:big_smile:

12. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    I hear ya Keith! I'm not sure I've ever been happier. Last years UCLA loss hit me really hard too, I was stationed out in Cali and lost a bet and had to wear a UCLA jersey out one night. Ugg. For the last 4 years I've been stationed all over and everywhere I go, it seems MidWest athletics don't get any due credit. Always talk of us chokeing down the stretch, and we're not good enough for a championship..blah blah. Glad to come home this year and see my team prove we're the best in the nation. Part of me wishes I was out in Cali again so I could rub it in to some old friends out there, but I think its nicer to enjoy it right here in the HEARTLAND. Rock Chalk!

Kyle

13. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Keith thanks for sharing your emotions with all of us on your faithfullness of the KANSAS JAYHAWKS.I can tell you are a JayHawk through and through.
    I love them hawks as well, having one boy that went to school there.

I work around mostly only KSU guys being in the AG bis and i get so sick of the way they go back and forth from football to this yr basketball.

So i to got my revenge with them on Football in the Orange bowl and now the national champs..

RockChalk JayHawks

14. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Kansas looked great in the championship they surprised me

15. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i think you should move to kansas because you know you would love it

16. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Gotta give 'em their props, Rock Chalk!

17. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
  18. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,

Attached Files:

19. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Why is that JJ ?

20. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    did you click on the pic ?? i made a change to it thinkin it would get a laugh, but then again, maybe not. just tryin to have some fun w/ ya bro. :smile2: