Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!! I took my ten year old son down on Mass with me after the game last night. What an experience. I dont think the kid will ever be the same. Was kinda hard to get him up for school this morning, but he still had a smile on his face!! I think all those college girls that he was getting squished by may have had something to do with it!! Lawrence is still rockin!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
ROCK CHALK!:big_smile: Had to be the best game in NCAA tourney history ever!!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
It was one hell of a game between two closely matched teams which could
have gone either way on any given day. I loved watching it and truly thought
it was going to go to Memphis until Chalmers sunk that three pointer and
sent it into overtime. And I don't even like basketball most of the time...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah it was a nail-biter for sure. mass street was really crazy. people drinking out in the street right in front of cops. i have to give props to the lawrence pd and douglas county sheriff's office for being so understanding over the event and allowing us to get it out of our system.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Ive been a loyal KU Basketball fan as long as I can remember. After last year's loss to UCLA in the Great Eight, I was crushed. I had been waiting all year for this. I knew this was our year. When I went to buy a current players jersey a few months back , I could of got anyones jersey, but I bought SUPER MARIO'S jersey. I knew last year we had a heck of a team coming back, and I was more enthusiastic about this year , than any other , coming into the beginning of the season. I remember how close we were in '03 , and how that was such a difficult year for me personally. Life had been going pretty good for me lately, until Sat. night after we beat UNC. Misfortune struck me once again, but I kept my emotions in check , and watched the National Championship as scheduled with some of my closest friends. With 2 min. left in the game, I was hoping this wouldnt be another year of heartbreak, but after Sherron stole the ball , passed it to Mario, and Mario passed it back and Sherron drained the 3, I knew we had a chance. Memphis's only flaw this whole season was their free throw shooting, and they had been shooting very well thus far in the tourney. Luck , was on our side as they missed 4 out of 5 FT's down the stretch. Then finally when SUPER MARIO shot the miracle 3 , I did as I had done so many times this season , I yelled out SUPERRRRRRRRRRRRRR MARIOOOOOOOOOOO, and swoosh, suddenly I went from being border line suicidal to having a glimmer of hope for my team and myself. Did I foremention , how big a KU fan I am ? Ive went through thick and thin with this team for years now. Ive listened to all the criticism from people in all walks of my life. (co-workers,acquaintances,and alot of people Ive just ran acrossed in life and bs'd with about college baskeball.) Now , finally , after all that Ive been through personally, I get some glory , and hope. For years , since I was a kid , its been almost impossible for me to cry. Ive been to funerals, Ive seen friends and family go through heartache that should of made me shed a tear or two , but nothing. When MARIO hit that 3, I shed a few tears and knew it was destiny. I mean , who is down by 9 with 2 min left to the # 1 team (most of the year), and comes back to tie it up and send it to overtime. Then as 8 of my buddies and me stood in front of a 65" DLP big screen and watched my beloved Jayhawks dominate the overtime period, I get a phone call from my sister in Kentucky with the last 3 seconds expiring off the clock , and I just start balling like a baby. We then go out on to the balcony of the apartment and start singing the ROCKCHALK CHANT for a good 10 mins. Shortly after we are in the car , and on our way to Lawrence. We got there about 40 min later, got a hotel , had a cab drop us on Mass. St. and partied till 4 am. I just wanted to thank all the Jayhawks Fans/Kansas Catfishermen in this forum that had faith in OUR JAYHAWKS from game 1 this season. Ive met numerous people this year that were born and raised in Kansas , and theyve said we always choke ,and we'll never win another Championship, and I told them that after we lift the trophy, I BETTER NOT SEE YOU WITH A JAYHAWKS HAT OR SHIRT ON !!!!!!! There is nothing worse than a fair weather fan , in my book. What a great season, what a way to come back so dramatically and win it all. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. Sorry for rambling, but I just wanted to share some of my joy , from the happiest night of my life.:big_smile:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I hear ya Keith! I'm not sure I've ever been happier. Last years UCLA loss hit me really hard too, I was stationed out in Cali and lost a bet and had to wear a UCLA jersey out one night. Ugg. For the last 4 years I've been stationed all over and everywhere I go, it seems MidWest athletics don't get any due credit. Always talk of us chokeing down the stretch, and we're not good enough for a championship..blah blah. Glad to come home this year and see my team prove we're the best in the nation. Part of me wishes I was out in Cali again so I could rub it in to some old friends out there, but I think its nicer to enjoy it right here in the HEARTLAND. Rock Chalk!

Kyle

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
Keith thanks for sharing your emotions with all of us on your faithfullness of the KANSAS JAYHAWKS.I can tell you are a JayHawk through and through.
I love them hawks as well, having one boy that went to school there.

I work around mostly only KSU guys being in the AG bis and i get so sick of the way they go back and forth from football to this yr basketball.

So i to got my revenge with them on Football in the Orange bowl and now the national champs..

RockChalk JayHawks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.