Kansas Winter Gathering discussion and pictures

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Grimpuppy, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    New thread for everyones comments and pictures from the Winter gathering Oct 24-25-26. I will repost my comment from the Official Winter Gathering thread to here.

It was a great time. Lots of fun, laughs, good food and damn good folks to hang out with. We had fire walkers, philosophers, pranksters, and bull crappers among us. Saturday was absolutely beautiful. Couldn't ask for much better. Kyle and his wife started the morning off right by catching a 12lb blue. Had a blast fishing with "The Anchor Man" (Nate) and Tom. If Nate ever ask you how to adjust a rod holder, you can pretty much bet you are going to lose your honey hole :smile2:. It is always fun to catch fish, but nothing better than doing it with a couple of good guys. You guys are welcome on my boat anytime. I am already looking forward to the next one.

2. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i wish i could have made it but the family wanted me for the weekend and if we would have known that we where still going to be here on monday i may have went

kyle 12lbs wow that is a big fish in texas ha ha

3. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    And they always think the 12lb catfish is a lot bigger in Texas, I've noticed.

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    It was a blast,even better than i expected.We had a big turn out for this time of year and we had lots of new members that showed up which made it even better.
    Jim & Jerald thanks for picking the camp site and Jim for weed wacking the banks where we could fish in comfort, and a BIG thanks to Jim (catfishfever) for doing all the entertainment on Friday night by the fire pit.:smile2:

Stubby it was great meeting you and I believe you traveled the most miles to get there.Thanks for all the weights and dip tube worms you brought and gave to the group i cant wait to use them.(Your tubes are the best i have ever seen)

Jay what can i say,,,you put Nate and me (thx Carl for giving up your seat in Jay's boat to me):wink: on some of the best Blue cat fishing i had all year.
    It was balls out to the upper end of the lake bucking a strong wind up to the upper end of the lake on Sat. You were watching your GPS to pin point your honey hole we dropped anchor and with-in 10min the bite was on.
    Been a while where I have seen where using two pole's was a hand full but that night it was.Not a lot of fisherman would share a honey like you did for Nate and me. What a pile of fish we caught in just a few hrs.

For the food it was the best.
    Caleb the pork tender you smoked up on Friday night was to die for.I know everyone went to bed full that night.
    Kyle your chili was everything you said it was going to be.Nothing better on a cool day like it was on Sat for a BIG bowl of chili.
    Ashley congrats on catching the biggest fish of the weekend.(Kyle we know it was on your pole but she reeled it in,,Hee!Hee!)

Kevin thanks for stopping by with your wife on Sat it was nice to see you again.

Again everyone I had a great time and cant wait to start it all over again next yrs.Kansas has to be the best punch of BOC members in the country Bar none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks to the member that brought their wife's it makes it that more special.

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Here are some pictures of our gathering.
    More coming.

Attached Files:

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    More

Attached Files:

7. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Ashley getting her first taste of a wiper

Attached Files:

8. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    One nice blue cat

Attached Files:

9. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Casey waiting on a bite,Nate getting bait...what a throw!

Attached Files:

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Hammer down in blues in Jay's boat

Attached Files:

11. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Were having fun now

Attached Files:

12. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Nate with a nice blue..and the nights catch (Thanks again Jay)

Attached Files:

13. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    nice fish there
    looks like fun

14. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    The end to a great trip!

Attached Files:

15. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    i know that lil kaleb and i had a great time and we wished we couldve stayed another night to hang out.it was nice to finally meet everyone in person.remind me never to let jim drive my truck again at the next one.thanks to everyone who pitched in on the feasts we had.tom,i think you should be the designated breakfast cooker from now on.that was a darn good breakfast now!kyle's chili was great and had me wanting to doze off on the drive home.that was prob my fault for eating too much.i cant wait for the next one whenever that might be.

16. kuhlcat

kuhlcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    just wanted to let everyone know i had a great time too. you couldn't for a better weekend to sit around the campfire and hear all the stories. i can't wait for the next one just as long as we wait until spring, i don't know if we will have to many more nice weekends left this year.

17. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Look's like I missed another goodun'!! Thanx for sharing!!

18. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Well from the sound of it, I wished I could of made it. But duty calls and dad has to work. Grant it the next one I will be there. Tom thanks for sharin the pics. glad the weather turned out nice for a change. Jay it looks like I need to start goin that way and follow you around the lake and start learning more about it. Congrats to you for showin the guys a good time hopefully this next year I can get over there and put some time in on the water with ya.

Later, Chris

19. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    It was good to see some new faces. And other than being windy on saturday afternoon the weather was perfect. I slept better at the gathering than I do at home. Carl, thanks for the no-rolls. Tom and Kyle thanks for the food. Jim, and michael, thanks for the colorful fireside chat. I'm looking forward to the next one. Did anyone get any pics of the fish that poarch and his buddies caugt. I guess I was sleeping when the fish were biting. Maybe thats why I didn't catch any.

20. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Opps I didn't see the pic of andy and his cat. Forget what I said up above:roll_eyes: