Kansas Roll Call

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by arkrivercatman, Jun 28, 2009.

1. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I figured it would be a good idea to do a roll call.
    Lots of lurkers down there. Who are ya and where do ya fish?:wink:

I mainly fish SC Kansas and NC Oklahoma. I try to spread out as much as possible though to get some time in on other bodies of water, mainly just for a change on scenery.

Maybe this will get some people to post somethin for a change?:smile2::smile2:

2. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Who's lurking,I've been fishing everyday.Drowned dozens of perch and bluegills and a ton of cut bait and caught 1 channel 6.5 and 8 lb flathead.Good huh.Of course I could fill my truck with drum everyday.

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Fishin has been tough for me too.
    I have been catchin fish, but no big ones. Seems like I am stuck on 13 lbs. I have gotten 5 of them this year.:embarassed::smile2:
    Anybody and everybody reply to this thread to let us know you are with us.:wink::smile2:

4. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    We must be using the same scales, seems like everything I've caught for the last month has been 13 pounds. :embarassed:

5. nOct3rn4l

nOct3rn4l Member

State:
    Kansas
    Im here Still :big_smile:
    Christy and I have been fishing alot of different places this year, I even got a Chance to go to Ohio and Fish thanxs to work sending me there for a Class.
    My favorite place to fish is the Solomon River near home here, but the River has been up alot due to GlenElder lake letting alot of water out.
    Last night we went and Tried Mchperson State lake and it was Great the Bite was On and the weather was a little cooler for us while camping.
    Its been a great year of fishing for us so far Lotsa pictures and good Memories!

6. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    I'm here in type in type anyway. Been on the Wakki with worms and liver, there starting to bite. Haven't caught much yet. Trying to sell boat motor this week.

7. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm here and I'm pretty much a lurker I guess. Not much of a poster. I don't fish much any more, but i do like getting out and looking at water and take in the scenery. I take my rods and reels along with me so i can prop 'em up in front of me and look at them too. Since I don't do much fishing any more I like to "lurk" around here and read about everyone else catching fish:smile2:. I'm from Andover, and when I do get out to fish I fish in and around Wichita and occasionally down south on the Walnut. I go up northeast to fish in the KC/Lawrence area sometimes when I get a chance to make a trip to visit Kevin. Also been going out to BSFL lately for a change of scenery... same old results though.

8. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    I'm not a lurker, I talk too much. I fish the general area of Manhattan
    which includes Tuttle Creek, short run of the Big Blue above the Kaw,
    Milford, Pott County I & II SFL, Geary County SFL and I would be
    fishing the Kaw at the K18 bridge near Ogden, but there are road crews
    everywhere and I don't want to park in the wrong place and get
    towed to Junction City or something like that.

9. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    ima lurker till i feel the need to reply to some posts:smile2::smile2::wink: been fishing the ark,cheney, and eldorado and havent had anything more than 10lbs. shoot barely any luck at all for me for that matter:tounge_out::smile2:

10. bigd4xman

bigd4xman New Member

State:
    Haysville, KS
    Im here, mostly fish Toronto Lake and spillway, Fall River Lake and spillway, Woodson State Fishing Lake, Verdigris river in Greenwood, and Woodson county, Walnut river in Woodson county, Eureka lake once in a while. Caught alot of Bass this year and some small catfish, bite seems to be good on Chicken Liver with garlic, Minnows are also good early morning and late evening, and the bite is slim to none with worms. Havent tried Gills or shad or goldfish yet, probably will after tomorrow, going to pick up a new rod and reel:big_smile:.

11. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    If I lived anywhere near Toronto, Id be fishing that spillway and the river below it 3 times a week. There are some monster flatheads in that river below there.

12. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Kyle I agree with you. There are alot of lurkers in the Kansas room. Ive seen around 10-20 people that have signed up and have screen names. No avatars, no posts. If you people have time to log on and read posts, you have time to put up an avatar and post. Your missing out on alot of good stuff. People that I see doing this, I consider a lurker. Signing up just to be able to see the photos. Ive stopped posting all my fishing info for this very reason. I used to share alot more. When you put up an avatar and participate, and I get to know you, Ill help you in any way I can, but if you just show up to read our posts and see where they are biting and such, you wont get too much outta me. Thats why I love the PM's. I can correspond and help people without putting it out for everyone to see my fishing info. You people really are missing out on alot. We have a big annual gathering once a year, and a few smaller mini gatherings. Ive met alot of good people via this website, and they have helped me become a better fisherman. That is invaluable. If you would participate, and contribute, you would make lifelong friends, and people would help you out and let you in on some good fishing info. I really hope all the lurkers will step forward and become good contributing members. You dont know what your missing out on. :big_smile:

13. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Well said keith.

I fish the very north-east corner of KS. Fish mostly the missouri river, a little on Brown, Atchison SFL, and a few farm ponds. This year has been the worst year ever for me as far as catfish fishing goes. I can catch everything but a catfish. I've landed a single 1 pound channel out of about 15 trips. I'm just glad to be on the water.

14. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Oh sorry, I forgot to mention where I fish. I mainly fish the Kansas River, Olathe Lake, and Gardner Lake, but I get out to alot of other Lakes and Rivers as well. :big_smile:

15. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I'm here....I fish the lakes in NE kansas....Perry,Clinton,Pomona,Melvern & Milford......

16. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    From the KC area. We usually fish Gardner, Olathe, and ocasionally Hillsdale. Kinda been a rough year though. I hope to get out on the Kaw with one of the experts soon!!!:wink:

17. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    i am to busy fishing to lerk, i fish el dorado, marion, cheney, woodson, butler county, poke dainials, eureka city lake, went yesterday and got a limit of 18" to 22" channels at eureka. i have caught lots of fish just nothing big yet :roll_eyes: rwg

18. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We used to fish the fall river in eureka when I was a kid. My uncle was the mayor so we had access to a long stretch of the river that no one else could get to. Good times!

19. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm here not sure if thats a good thing or not. LOL

I mainly fish the Kansas and Missouri rivers. Also fish Gardner, Olathe and Cedar Lakes too. I fish all the creeks between here and there that I can too. Great for bait!

20. duane kingsbury

duane kingsbury New Member

State:
    kansas
    hi guys, Im here and I fish the rivers in and around the north central, smoky hill, saline, solomon. I love going to milford lake, I have met some really great people there and on the thread. I fish wilson, glen elder, but my favorite is milford.
    Duane