Kansas River

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by whiskers9512, May 13, 2007.

1. whiskers9512

whiskers9512 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I mostly fish the missouri river but Iam planing on trying out the kaw just wounded how much different it is than the mo. Thanks

2. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    You need a depth finder , right now the kaw is up but when it goes down there are a lot of places 1-2ft deep and it may go 20yards or more so my advice is dont throttle up till ya cruise a little and find the shallow spots

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    There is plenty of water in the lower section of the Kaw around KC, but there are a few spots that can get shallow. As a general rule You run the straight stretches in the middle and to the outside of river bends.

still though don't get into a big hurry, untill you know your way around a bit.

I'm on the river most every weekend and live minutes from Kaw point. If I'm free when you come up this way I would Be more then happy to show You around for a bit and then let you have at it on Your own. big fish should be out and moving around pretty good with the high water and pre spawn going on!

4. whiskers9512

whiskers9512 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks Brad, Is the Kaw point ramp open yet or is the water to high? I want to maybe fish this weekend but the ramps around me look like there going to be closed for a while.

5. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I took my boat out on the river today for the first time. Only got one hit but it was a 31lb flattie. weighed it then released it. I wish I could have gotton a pic but my girlfriend forgot the camera. Oh well it was fun.

6. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    yes the ramp at Kaw Point is open. THe good ole Kaw is giving up some pretty good fish right now

7. kenny cannon

kenny cannon New Member

State:
    kansas
    looking for someone to fish with maybe later