Kansas River

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by cat lineman, Apr 22, 2007.

1. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    Just wondering if anyone did any good on the river this weekend.Had company in town and couldn't get out,wondered what I missed

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    The KC Catfish tournament was won on the Kaw with a limit of nice channel cats, but most of the competitors fished on the Missouri with limited success.

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Kaw point is going to be closed this weekend from 4/27-4/29... what ever is going on they don't want boats nore fishermen there.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
  5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    They shut down my boat ramp for that????? So yuppies can go live in a cardboard box and eat crackers for a few hours? Man anyone up for blasting them with air hornes about 3am?

6. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    HA! HA! HA! Can you believe that. Crackers and cardboard boxes!!

7. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    Wow, that is just amazing. How is camping in cardboard boxes and eating crackers even going to help any cause anyway? Amazing how some people come up with a rediculous idea and how many people think, yeah thats a great idea lets go do it! I will never understand... and it is more rediculous that you can't fish in your spot because these people are doing this. I hope it rains on them and they get soaked.

8. RWohlers

RWohlers New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Has anyone been doing any good on the KS river lately?

9. recurvericky

recurvericky New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    I can not believe the local officials let a boat landing be shut down so idiots could have a sit in. They could have chosen a location that would not interfer with the locals activities. Just a bunch of lost college students. They could be working in soup kitchens or something of that nature. Maybe someone that was affected by the ramp closing should write a letter to the editor of the KC Star.

10. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

kansas river flowing at 62000 cfs and climbing. at the bowerstock dam the water is flat comeing across the dam.its all most up to the very bottom of the first part of the levee before it hits thelittle walking path down there. man she is moveing at a pace i havent seen in years. allmost looks like it did in the flood of 1993. we have more rain to come too. go baby go!!!!as soon as the rain breaks i am going fishing its time to bust out the real big gear:cool2:

11. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yea almost all the creeks and rivers are flooding. they said the mo river is planned to crest at a fith record high ever wensday (floooooded) and its already backing up the kaw.

12. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

man ole man that is the same as the flood of 93 the kaw is at 18.16 feet at 26 feet is is consdered flooded out.so it dont have much more to go. yea i am going fishing here soon i love it when it looks like this really gets me going.:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

13. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

just hit 70,000 and 19.06 feet, go baby go!!!!!

14. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    once the river crests and the trash all gets outta the way ITS ON!!!!!! I'd reason to believe the fishing will be out of this world once the flood water receeds!

15. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

75.600 cfs yeah baby!!!! i love fishing the highwaters myself. but the fishing will also be great once things fall a bit too. all my holes will be packed full of big ole bad cats man i cant wait.. fun fun:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

16. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

92.000 cfs now water is getting really bad here

17. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Tom,

You said before that you like to fish the high water, lol. Just kidding. Hope you and Charlie are safe from the floodwaters out there. The Lecompton gauge currently says 125,000cfs, but it is supposed to be peaking now.

18. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

your right i do i love those high waters. its getting crazy around the river here. banks are washing away, boat ramps are closed. parks are under water.i hope it dont dump over into charlies yard.i have been down there all day looking at it and taking some pics of it. i think its pretty when it gets like this. if no rain tonight i will be going with my heavy duty rods and seeing whats biting.