Kansas river

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by cat lineman, Aug 14, 2006.

1. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    ok I finally found a good boat worth the money { I think anyway } and have it all fixxed up and am ready to hit the river and try my luck there. Was wondering if anyone has an Idea where I should try and hit this weekend and I was wondering if anyone has been having any luck at all on the ks river any where.

2. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    where abouts in Kansas are you????? I've heard that they are catching a few fish around KC on the Kaw

3. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    I'm in Olathe, I was going to go up around edwardsville if all goes well

4. RPnKC

RPnKC New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I fished from the Edwardsville ramp last Friday night. Less than a quarter mile upstream, there was insufficient water to continue west bound. I fish out of a small 14' jon boat. Even tried making my own waves to make it through the areas that were only 4" deep, no luck with that, but a lot of fun. Fished the lower end near the rock dam. Watch out for trees, and have fun.

5. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    You should try launching from Kaw point. plenty of water to go a ways up stream and there are some serious big fish too

6. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    So where is kaw point? Does anyone know how the water is around Eudora?thought about trying to launch up there if there was some water and holes to fish.

7. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Kaw point is where the kaw meets the missouri. Take I-70 East to the James street exit go straight thru the stop sign, and veer Right at the stop light, turn right into a trucking terminal parking lot (You will see a sign that says Kaw Point) proceed East thru the lot when You come to the end of the lot turn right again and go thru the entrance Your there!!!!

park is open all night and is fequently patrolled By KCK police and private security.

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I've been thinking about trying their again some time. Knowing it gets patrolled frequently might make it easier for me to actually decide to go there.

9. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    I hit the kaw up from desoto,fished from the bank for a few hrs and caught a5&3 lbs channel and a 6 lbs flathead and 1 that snapped 20lbs test right after I set the hook. Didn't head out till 9 am and quit around noon.

10. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

if the water will stay where its at tuesday night i will be hitting the river,i would like one more big one before trapping season gets here:cool2:

11. wooleybugger

wooleybugger New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brad K where are you at where you are olding that big blue is that kc in the background dont have to be exact just curious

12. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

here comes the rain again falling on my head like a meomery,lol, well they must of opened somthing up because this rain isnt enough to push the river this far up this fast, its moving at all most 6000 cfs, looks like i see some fishing in my future,ye haw i cant wait:haha:

13. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Tom, lots of rain in Topeka nd north. Check and see what Soldier creek near topeka is doing.........the river around here seems to follow it's up's and down's. Water is also very muddy so it sure ain't all lake water.

I feel three nights of work coming up.......ya, my real job, not hauling in huge flatheads:sad2:

14. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

yep solider is up and running,i didnt know that charlie,if it keeps moving like this i will be running down there by wed.sucks you got to work,maybe a weekend run is in order?

15. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    When you guys get your fill of the rain up there how about sending some donw here? We did managae to get some rain this weekend but as usual most of it went north of us. El Dorado didn't get enough to make any difference at all. Boy if it ever does rain the ducks are going to love it this fall. Grass and weeds are 50-60 yards out from the bank all around the lake.

16. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

i hear ya calvin we have been dry all summer untill here in the last week or so, most of my back yard as dried up and blown away

17. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    In that picture I've got The nose of My boat On the ramp @ Kaw point.

Oh Yeah Baby, The ole Kaw is looking pretty good about now....I see some catching in My future.....Hmmm....think I'll go tuck myself under a bridge and see what happens....see ya

18. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

6300 cfs and climbing, now that is what i am talking about go baby go!!!!:cool2: ,keeps going like this and the flatheads will move down here

19. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

pushing the 10000 cfs mark,man i love that go baby go!!!i geuss i will have to bust out the real heavy gear,lol:lol: :cool2:

20. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    10,000 cfs?!?!? Sure wish I was back home about now..keep us posted on how you do