kansas river

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by justaredneck, Jan 27, 2009.

1. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    i live in lawrence and i plan on spending most of my summer exploring the kansas river right here in town. want to spend alot of time by the dam, heard alot of big flathead down there, any advise would help. thanks

2. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    The area from the dam down is a great area for cats the person you need to talk to is Tom (warcraft75) that is his area and he knows it like the back of his hand.

3. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    thank u, ran out of them for today already.:eek:oooh:

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    in my oppinion reading a river is a key point in catching fish

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Look at a map and either be prepared to do some walking or use a small boat.
    Find a sandbar, set up camp and wait em out.:wink:

6. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

if your a decent fellow to hang out with and bring beer i will take ya down there and show ya around that way you dont have to spend the rest of your life geussing at it..lol its a fun place for sure been on it my whole life i cant imagaine a better place to fish really its my kinda palce

7. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

by the way i also live in lawrence,so do i few more boc members so dont be all shy and stuff

8. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

ps .. to the other lawrence boc guys we really should get together and kill some beers when the flatheads begin to migrate

9. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

can be for sure the river can be broke down in to three key areas for the most part then broke down again with key strucsure by the time you are done you will realize there are but ten spots from the bowerstock dam to k.c worth fishing here.besides i like hangeing out and i like beer so lets go fishing

10. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    warcraft i already like the way u think, be happy to trade some beer for a little knowlage.i dont know that much about big rivers or big cats but i will make sure u have enough beer to put up with all my questions.:wink:

11. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I know I'm up to the task of killing some beers and fishing.

12. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    at this point i dont even care if i catch anything i just want a pole in the water and a beer in my hand. cabin fever is driving me batty:eek:oooh:

13. kscowboy

kscowboy New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I here ya Stephen! cabin fever's got me too!!

14. Bigfish18

Bigfish18 Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Hell now I wanna go!!!!!! :wink:

15. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

shoot lets do some river fishing then boys, bring beer and big poles and big line we will need it

16. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Tom, If I am around in the spring I am game I love Beer As much as the rest of us:smile2::wink:

17. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Sounds like we need to start a post and find a day?

18. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

all good men love fishing and beer

19. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Well boys I do love to fish and I loved beer so much when I was younger it used to make me break out in places....like jails,treatment centers,Las Vegas, sorority houses on strange campuses etc. I can however be the designated boat driver Since I have been retired for 23 years.That stinks that the city closes those boat ramps down at 10PM to 6AM. I would like to learn the river up there and at Eudora too.Git Er Done....

20. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Tom...... is there campin spots on the river in Lawrence ??

ive been to the ramp just down river of the dam and like the looks of it. ive fished the dam quite a few times and above it a few times. minamal results when ive been there but i know its a hot spot. if i could camp there close i could spend more time per outting.