Kansas River - New 7th Street Bridge Set to Open?

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by GaryF, Dec 22, 2008.

1. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I read this article and I scratched my head:

http://www.kansascity.com/679/story/948142.html
    Later today, highway crews will fully open the new 7th Street Bridge over the Kansas River after two years of construction.

The $18.2 million bridge replaces an 84-year-old structure.

The new bridge should make it easier for drivers to see as they cross the river. The project also included intersection improvements at both ends of the span.

Strange to me that I could cross under and over this bridge all the time and not notice the work going on.

2. dennis boehm

dennis boehm Member

State:
    olathe kan
    wish they would have spent a little of that 18.2 million and fixed up the old boat ramp there:roll_eyes:

3. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    They want you to be able to get to work or to their store to buy stuff, not
    give you better access to the river. You might have fun and enrich the
    wrong people...

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Michael,

Not being a local, you probably don't realize... the bridge they spent that $18 to build is apparently invisible, there have been no new bridges built across the Kansas River here in at least several years. I did notice that they finall fixed the article to say "railroad tracks" instead of "the Kansas River"

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    What in the he!! Bobby?:crazy:
    That doesnt make any sense.
    I wonder how much they paid to write the article.:tounge_out:

6. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew

I'm totally confused on what the article is talking about. Looks like they edited it a few times already.

"The $18.2 million bridge, just north of Kansas Avenue, replaces an 84-year-old structure."

Do they mean Central Ave? They have been working on that bridge and its intersections.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=james+st+bridge+kansas+city+ks&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=31.371289,55.458984&ie=UTF8&ll=39.075402,-94.625791&spn=0.003748,0.00677&t=h&z=17

Least Gary has his eye on them. :big_smile:

7. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    They are talking about the stretch from Kansas Ave. , north to I-70. That bridge goes over the railroad tracks. They have been working on that for awhile now, and it was a pain in the ass to get to anything in Armourdale if you were coming from Central.

8. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Either that or one of their secret funding schemes for KDWP black ops has been uncovered.

9. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Well I just hope people can stay working or at least draw a paycheck on even the invisible sites. around K.C.