Kansas River, Eudora Access

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Circlehook Jester, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Circlehook Jester

Circlehook Jester New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I went Friday night and put in at the Wakarusa Access in Eudora. The water was up a couple foot and running pretty good. I went a mile or so upstream to the first wing dyke and found a nice deep hole probably 20-26 foot deep. Fished it hard for a couple of hours with fresh cut shad and worms. NO FISH, but of course turtles. Went upstream behind the wing dyke and found a big layover tree in about 17 foot of water. Same baits, no fish, couple of turtles. Did have one good bite and returned the shad head smashed right before I left. Good night for fishing, but no cats. :confused2:

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Thad it's been that way for me over a month now. I've put the rod an reels up till saugeye time.

3. phatboyz

phatboyz New Member

State:
    kansas
    anyone know of a good turtle guide for hire? Im looking to get put on to the turtles!lol

4. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Been pretty slow here too in my neck of the woods too. But like you said it was good to get out and fish.

5. Circlehook Jester

State:
    Kansas
    Yeah, I have had better luck in the resevoirs this year than the river. It seems as if you have a really good night or its nothing on the Kansas. I worked a couple of deep, really good looking holes with my depth finder and was not spotting ANY fish. It was kinda weird. I know the sonar doesn't get everything, but you would think something would be there. Oh well, that's fishing! Next time it might be a whole different ball game! :roll_eyes:

6. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

cats are still shollow this time of year

7. Circlehook Jester

State:
    Kansas
    Do you think they are still feeding shallow in the rivers? I have been catching channel cat in deeper water at the resevoirs, but yes I have been still catching flatties in 4 to 8 foot of water. I'm thinkin maybe going back to all live bait instead of cut bait for awhile. I never have trouble with turtles using live bait. But I will start fishing shallow again next time I go out.

8. phatboyz

phatboyz New Member

State:
    kansas
    still looking for a turtle guide? anyone know any good turtle holes?:tounge_out:

9. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I think the live bait would still work wonders this time of year.

10. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

right now fish are still be caught in the shallower water just like in summer patterns on the river the bite is still pretty hot you really dont wanna fish deep on this area of the river for another month or so.water temp is what decieds that.

11. Circlehook Jester

State:
    Kansas
    Thank you Guys. :big_smile: I appreciate the feedback. I will go back to my shallow tactics again and keep an eye on that water temperature.

12. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    When cats are active like they are this time of year, they aren't just
    looking on the bottom for something. They are really hungry and feeding
    up for winter. Hanging something under a bobber high in the water column
    drifting slow gives most of them a chance to look over your offering and
    attack it from below if it is interesting enough. Worth a shot, I think.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  13. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Me and a few other guys I know are having success running bait 3'-6' under a cat bobber in 15'-30' of water. I'm getting the most activity just before and right after sundown.

14. Circlehook Jester

State:
    Kansas
    I recently ordered some more Kat bobbers. I think I shall try this next time. I have some good spots scouted out, but I have only been fishing bottom rigs. I think I will switch it up and try to use both cut and live under my bobbers. I have been fishing anywhere from 12 to 28 foot of water, so hopefully I can get some action soon. Probably headed back out there Monday with my Daughter. Thanks Garen and all you fellars for the insights.:big_smile::smile2:

15. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

youve got mail