Kansas River Access

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by hoytville, Feb 16, 2007.

1. hoytville

hoytville New Member

Anyone know some good places to get down to the Kansas river between Manhattan and Lawrence? Maybe even Lawrence and KC. I don't mind walking to get there, but let me know if there are good places where I can get my truck close. As soon as it thaws out around here I am going to be ready to go...Thanks

2. kccatman76

kccatman76 New Member

State:
    kansas
    well hoytville there is the damn in lawrence on the kaw but most of your good river fishing is here in kansas city

3. hoytville

hoytville New Member

thanks DougC and catman. Great site doug. Has the info i was looking for

4. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

theres pretty much no fishing in lawrence where you can have you truck close by.and as far as the better fishing being up in k.c dont make me laugh

5. bigbearfireman

bigbearfireman New Member

State:
    Lawrence,ks
    I"ll take fishing a the kansas river in lawrence anyday:006: The Flatheads and channels pulled out of the river. Would make any catfishermen happy and the blue comes up to lawrence when the water is high enough. You See that blue that Warcaft1975 is holding that came from lawrence. Were you ask I can't tell you were at, that has been sworn a fisherman seceret. But as far as Kc never fished there personally so i'm not going to knock it. I just not really convinced of the safety with fishing there, after all to stories of people chunking rocks from bridges and people stealing from you. The choice is yours. All i Have to say is Lawrence is a excellent fishing spot.:0a17: :haha:
    Just stop by somtime and lets fish.

6. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    "KC" covers a lot of area, not just downtown. I've come closer to getting shot out in the boondocks on the Missouri River. Just some d/a shooting his handgun off into the river, and wasn't paying attention to anything else going on. I'll be fishing a lot more out of downtown this year, and if anything happens, you'll hear about it.

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    You tell me one boat ramp or town that does not have stories of theft and vandalism.

8. bigbearfireman

bigbearfireman New Member

State:
    Lawrence,ks
    There is theft and vandalism everywhere! That wasn't the question or the point. He asked where there are good places to go fishing on the kansas river? I told him about lawrence and that i have no idea of the fishing in KC so i wasn't going to knock it. That only personally safety is brought up more in the Kc area. Cause you hear about it more. Why you ask ? it makes the local paper,news our is told to us here on the boc.

9. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

thats right fishing in lawrence sucks and there is too much theft and what not going on around here k.c is a much better place so go hang out up there and keep the rest of the k.c jokers up there with ya. all they do is cause problems down here anyway.i like my town the way it is.the less people think its great the less jokers we have

10. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Wow, a pissing match I ain't got myself in the middle of.............carry on men, good work:lol: .

11. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

.... i love you charlie..lol how ya been?

12. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Seems to be a one sided pissing match so far...

13. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Threads up to 14 posts...........it's building:crazy:

Think I'll start pork loin brining for tomorrow, then get the fixings together for Chicken enchiladas tonight..........after that I think I'll watch the snow melt, it'll be more fun than worrying about an ice covered river:smile2:

14. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    If we have a whole week of weather like we're having today I think most of the snow and ice will be gone down here. I may have to go donw to Kaw or Keystone next weekend. Probably Kaw since I'll have to be home in front of the TV at 5 PM. Is the new addition to the water works going to make your job harder or easier Charlie?

15. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

blah blah blah, and some more blah blah

16. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Harder to start with because of on-site construction. Will be easier after that because of automation. We've not had a Direct of Utilities for almost 2 years and now we had an assistant director resign...........I've a feeling my role and schedule in the waterplants may change soon, along with a loss in OT(about 5G a year). Only 12 years till retirement, going to start hammering the IRA's. Can't wait to get the hell out of NE Kansas. You still planning on OK??

17. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Chill Tom, no need for that on here.

18. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

oh i am just playing charlie, how ya been calvin? do any trapping this year?? getting ready to ship my load off this week.prices are looking better and better

19. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Put as much as possible into your savings Charlie. 12 years will fly by faster than you can even imagine. I think you would like Oklahoma. With the exception of trapping, all their laws and taxes beats the hell out of Blue Nosed Kansas.
    I am planning to buy some land or a house at Keystone this year and moving there in a couple of years. Tom (Old Prowler) is almost within sight of the Mannford boat ramp and I think I can find something pretty close to him. By the time you get down there I'll be a full fledged Okie. I'm already a Sooners fan so won't have any problems there. Except that they will be my number two team and I'll have to sign up for the Jayhawk network so I don't miss any of their games. Charlie you need to spend a weekend running jugs with me on Keystone this spring.
    How have you been doing Tom? I'm still trapping beaver and rats. The fur is too rubbed on most of the cats and coyotes now to make it worthwhile killing them. I'm getting a real itch to catch some fish.