The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, made this account after seeing how good the community was around here. I'm an active duty soldier new to the fort riley area and Im just looking for a good spot on the Kansas river where I could get into some flathead. I've went to so many places and have caught everything from drum to wiper to blues but I'm passionate about my flathead and really just need some help. Thanks guys !

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
There are 4 access points fairly close. Where hy77 crosses at Manhattan there is a boat ramp and where hy24 crosses the big blue is a ramp. Not far to some good holes if you got a boat. At night pert near any place could be good.
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'd go look at the areas during the day and see what the river looks like at the are you wanna try so you know wether to go up or downstream to find a hole or some brush. Another good spot can be Rocky Ford fishing area on the blue river by Manhattan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd go look at the areas during the day and see what the river looks like at the are you wanna try so you know wether to go up or downstream to find a hole or some brush. Another good spot can be Rocky Ford fishing area on the blue river by Manhattan
That's exactly what I did. Found a nice spot in Ogden. Plenty of wood piles in the water and lots of boulders that form good eddys. Good current strength. It seems promising. I'm going tonight. Will update

·
Registered
7 Posts
IDK if you have tried yet but the big blue river outflow at Tuttle Creek's tubes is consistent throughout the summer and fall with big flatties. I have yet to go out and try target them myself though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts