Kansas Regulation Changes

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by GaryF, Nov 26, 2006.

1. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

thats so sweet!!!!!i cant wait to go hogging(handfishing):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I guess I may have to break down and fork out the $25 for a chance to noodle the Kaw without looking over my shoulder.

3. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

lol calvin i hear ya on that

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    watch your fingers boys!!!:cool2:

5. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    I'm to chicken squat to handfish, but love the vehicle permit price reduction.............between state and corp. permits I had over 60$ invested:angry: .

6. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The original proposal was to do away with the vehicle peermit all together and just take it out of tag revenue like some other states. But Kansas just couldn't stand the idea of giving people that good of a deal so they compromised and charged us half price (which is still higher than most states). They have been losing so much money that past few years due to gas prices and their outragous usage pricing that they were forced into a corner. If they don't do something to get more people into the state parks they are going to have to close some of them down. That would be a shame because Kansas has some of the nicest parks in the country.

7. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Charlie, you can go with me and captain the boat and keep the ice cold in the cooler.

8. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas

Nothing worse than a wussy AND a tight-a$$!!:tounge_out:

LOL just kidding, you aint getting my hand in no holes either! Unless I can borrow Calvin's hat that I can turn around.........never mind!

(Inside joke)

9. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Don't know if this was published in any other newspapers in Kansas. Junk town rag had an article by the "one button benny" heading the Corps in K'cty. In honor of Veterans and active duty personnel, day use charges would be suspended as of 10 Nov, no mention of the fact that all the signs posted at all the Corp boat ramps state that fee's are no longer charged after 31 Oct, :big_smile: , oh yeah, our Corp leaders are really in a beneficial mood this year. They also forgot to mention they'd be dropping the lake enough where you couldn't launch a boat anyway:roll_eyes:.
    At Curtiss Creek, you can walk to the end of the ramp where there's almost a foot dropoff to the lake bottom.

10. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    I'd do that Calvin.............if I keep the ice cold long enough I might even grab one you've POSITIVELY located..............but that will take a lot of ice tending:lol:

"Nothing worse than a wussy AND a tight-a$$!!"

Made it 44 years being that way, don't figure a change is needed. You need to haul your boat up here this summer so I can video you and Calvin doing a little hand fishing...........Dutchbag and me will keep the ice cold:lol:

11. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    The heck with that! I leave you and the Dutchbag in the boat with the cooler and there will be nothing left but ice!!

I will be sitting my fat butt on the cooler, and you saw what happens then! Nobody gettin in there without grabbing a fish first!! Or baiting my hook with a helgramite first!!

Looks like you will be awefully thirsty! :lol:

12. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Jeff, your not going into this with a positive attitude..............Calvin is going to teach you a new and unusual skill. You should be honored that Dutch and myself would be there to help celebrate(a lot). Of course, you wouldn't want to wear any gloves..........only wussy's do that:tounge_out: . I'll set up the camper in the back yard for you all to stay in, boatramp on the river is only 2 blocks from the house, can fire up the smoker and grills, sounds like the makings of the inaugural Kaw River Handfishing get Together and watch party.:big_smile:

Now tell me that wouldn't be cool.

13. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Thats pretty nice on the fee reduction...Im still not reaching in a hole..:lol:

14. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    You tell me when and we are there! That would kick butt!!

15. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I'd love to make it to a noodle fest on the kaw. If nothing else see it being done. And maybe even give it a try under proper supervision.
    :boss:

16. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Let's keep our fingers crossed for good water levels and no changes in the "law". I remember some good looking willow banks not far from that hole we camped at where the boys swam. I'll be dreaming about that "boomboom" and feeling that Kaw River suitcase handle for the next seven months. I guess $25 is not too bad for a shot at a hundred pound flathead.

17. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I noticed that,too.It was in effect for Mo.,and I think all corp lakes in U.S.(?)
    The way I read it,it was 1 day only.
    Why not something meaningful like 4th of July weekend.
    Kinda a slap in the face.

18. Ryan11r

Ryan11r New Member

State:
    Newton Kansas
    I will be sure to check all my flatheads for arms and fingers this summer.

19. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I don't see any thing wrong with it except the season should be from Dec 1st - Feb 1st........:roll_eyes: