Kansas/Missouri river directions

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by goingfishin, Dec 16, 2007.

1. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Can anyone give me directions from Topeka to the nearest boat ramp where the Kansas river intersect the Missouri river? Thanks to all that respond.:smile2:

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I-70 east to the Fairfax exit, then straight through the stop sign, right at the first stop light, then your first right through the terminal parking lot, then right at the wall with the mural. Hope that helps!:smile2:

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    man that sounds like a haul to go fishing. an hour drive is getting to far for me.

4. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Heck I drive three to four hours to go bird hunting whats an hour. Plus I have heard nothing but good things about where the two rivers meet. My personal best is 27# and I really want to top it.:big_smile:

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    27 pounds is very doable to beet in both the kansas and missouri river.

6. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    unfortunately, my drive is about that long to get to any "big fish" waters as well.

That is unless I want to fish shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of knuckleheads, and personally, I just can't fish that way.

7. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    i-70 to James Street exit go straight through the light you will see a sign that says Lewis and Clark Park Kaw Point. You will turn right into a industrial park go to the wall and take another right. I was there yesterday looks like there's plenty of water in the Kaw.Saw 1 boat out fishing right at the confluence of the Kaw and the Missouri wonder if anybody has been catching anything. I have been pheasant hunting 4 times since the opener but I haven't been down catfishing in about 2 months. Do the blues come out of the Kaw for the deeper water of the Missouri this time of the year.John Jamison has an article in In-fisherman this month says try scour holes behind the wingdams as deep as possible.Our last trip in mid-October we got a 46lb. Blue in the Kaw but the waters been so low I was afraid to try it. You almost need an airboat like those guys on the Red River in Texas to fish the Kaw year round. Eric

8. glbecker76

glbecker76 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have most of you beat. I drive two hours just to meet up with my fishing buddy and then we drive anywhere from 30 min to 2 hours to fish. But I can't help it I feel sorry for my buddy

9. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Thanks Gary, your the only one!!!

10. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Yeah man its worth the ride, fishing is great around these parts and its bout 45min ride... come on up