Kansas legal jugs

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by beakus, Oct 26, 2006.

1. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    I went to the dept of wildlife office with jug in hand to see if it were legal.yes, it consisted of a swim noodle,16ft line,2 hooks and a 2 pound cannon ball sinker(MUST HAVE TO BE LEAGEL).this is know considered a set line,with out the weight it is illeagel,it cannot be free floating or drifting.

2. ret.1stsgt

ret.1stsgt New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    for the sake of sounding stupid what is a swim noodle

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    They are those brightly colored foam tubes about 4 foot long that kids use in swimming pools.

4. Charlie365

Charlie365 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    See the pictures below for some improved noodle jugs I made.

The pipe is 1/2 inch PVC plastic which fits the foam noodles perfectly.
    Standard trotline clips are fastened on the opposite end (see photos including my spokesmodels). You'll also notice reflective tape on the foam end pipe cap.

The trick of this jug is what you can't see. Inside the pipe is a piece of rebar about 5 inches long. You could use old nuts & bolts, whatever for the weight. Before you set the line out you tip it so the rebar slides to the noodle end and it will sit flat on the surface of the water.

When Mr. Cat takes the bait, the jug and pipe will tip up, the weight inside will slide to the other end, and the whole thing will stand up in the water, sort of a built-in bite alarm.

Of course you'll also need a weight on the end of the line to meet the Kansas regs. There are also labeling requirements in Kansas, I believe, and they have to be attended regularly.

I can't take credit for this myself. I found it on the internet somewhere and built up a bunch of these. A couple of these makes a great, economical Christmas present for your catfishin' buddies.

Attached Files:

5. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks for the information..

6. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    YES,they have to have your name and add. and be checked once per calendar day.i think i made about 18-20 jugs for about 20-25 bucks.(i fish in ok,to you can have 20 per person there).i figure it just helps you get more hooks in the water over a larger area,good luck guys.

7. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Jugs look great. The only thing different I did on mine is put a eyebolt in the end with a backup nut to attach the mainline. Also I made my weights out of 1" rebar 8" long for the 2lb weight. They work great....

8. Scott S.

Scott S. New Member

State:
    Kansas