Kansas in Topeka area

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by goingfishin, May 23, 2008.

1. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    JJ and I are fishing the river tonight and was wondering if anyone has been having any luck.

2. youngbuck

youngbuck New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have not been to the river but i think i am going to the spillway today.

3. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    which spillway ?? i may stop in to see how y'all are doin on my way back to town.

4. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Kaleb, i gotta get movin so i can get these 3 stores mowed in KC before C.J. is ready to go. we dont need him gettin his panties in a bunch cuz he's waitin on me :wink::smile2: give me a call or text me where y'all are gonna be. i'll be goin by both clinton & perry so i'll stop by. 785-215-3001 good luck & congrats on the new rig !!

5. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Keep us updated on how you do. I was thinking about hitting the river and do some bank fishing on Monday.

6. youngbuck

youngbuck New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I am not able to make today we have alot of errons to do.

7. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Lucky & I took James ( Kansasgoose ) out on our stretch of the Kaw this afternoon. Guess we make better guides because we didnt get anything but Jams got these 2 nice flattys

1. Kansasgoose w/ his 1st fish, 10 lb flatty

2. the same 10 lb. flatty

3. James w/ his 1st & 2nd fish, 10 & 9 1/2 lb. flattys

Good work today James !! we had a great time fishin with ya today. look forward to the next time.

Attached Files:

8. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    sounds like fun maybe sometime i can come up there and fish with you thor was it during the day or at night

9. Kansasgoose

Kansasgoose New Member

State:
    Hoyt, kansas
    JJ was great afternoon on the river. Thanks for having me along. Just wish you and Lucky could have caught something. If anyone wants to fish the Kaw, I highly recommend these guys as your guide:big_smile: had the first fish within 10 minutes of casting out, doesnt get much better than that!

10. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    we got on the water bout 3:45 - 4 pm and left about 8.

Gus, we was talkin on the boat today bout gettin out in yer neck of the woods and go out with you and "the kid" :smile2:. just messin w/ ya Donnie. we may have to save up for a bit or get a loan for gas money :smile2:

11. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    actually me and jack love was going to come to you neck of the woods next month do a two day fishing trip to the wackarusa i believe he said something about where the kaw meets it he fished it 2yrs ago and caught some in 60-70lb range and i told him lets go
    but seriously if you come down here just get a loan on the gas the food and my home is always open to boc brothers and sisters hell maybe you will leave with some new ink on ya ha ha

12. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    keep us posted on the dates you will be on the Kaw where the wakie dumps in. it dumps in at Eudora dont it ??

13. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i believe so the dates will be up to jack he goes by the moon never fishes unless the moon and water is just right not like me i go anytime i have a chance to wet a line but he only goes for trophys not like me i just want to get hooked up with whatever will bend my pole

14. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    hey jj have you bought one of our net lights yet or are you waiting to see if you win one good luck hope you do win but you can never have to many

15. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i'll just keep an eye out on here then.

looks like its quite a boat ride to get there. from the ramp in lawrence below the dam its roughly 10 mi. but thats better that the ramp in desoto, its 15 1/2.

16. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i aint that lucky to win one but i sign up for the drawings anyway. i dont usually get stuff online cuz i dont have a debit or credit card. bring some with ya when ya get this way and i'll get a few. i bet i can get ya an order once i show em to my bait shop guy.

17. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    There is a ramp near the Wakarusa.

18. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    near where it dumps into the Kaw ??

19. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Congratulations James! That was nice of you JJ and Lucky. Good deal!

20. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Congrats James I bet it was a heck of a fishing trip.