Kansas Fishing Records Archive?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by KC Jayhawk 78, Apr 2, 2008.

1. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Do any of you know a website or a publication of some sort that has the old state fishing records? Im really interested in some of the past records. Thanks. :big_smile:

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Go to the KDWP site under fishing under kansas records.It will list all records.

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Tom , Im looking for past records, not current. I cant seem to find them anywhere.

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Keith

I've looked all over for those old records before, and never turned much up. It would be interesting to see the previous 3-4 flathead and blue cat records. Hopefully somebody else can turn up something.

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Sorry Keith I did'nt read your question very good.

I would not know where to look but maybe the KDWP main office could have that info??

6. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Ive got a call in to the Pratt office, the lady is supposed to call me back soon.

7. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Alright , just got off the phone with her. Her name is Teri Simpson. She works at the Pratt office. She told me that the two previous flathead records came out of Pomona. She says that shes not sure if they were off the lake or down at the outlet. (I know the latter was caught at the outlet, Griffin , that used to own Griffins bait and tackle by Pomona dam held that record, and he used to have the pic and the newspaper article on the wall in there. It was a monster.) His was 91 lbs. and the one before that was 90 lbs. As for the blues, she said in 2000 it was a 90 lb. blue caught on the Missouri River. I asked her how that was a record in Kansas , and she said she believes it was caught from the bank in Kansas , up in Atchison or Leavenworth. The one before that was 82 lbs. caught out of the Kansas River. Channel cat, before the current record , the previous one was 34 lbs. Kansas River, in Lawrence in 1994 , before that is was Larry Wright (my girlfriends dad), it was 33 lbs. caught at 435 in 1980. Im still trying to get the pics from him. Before that it was 32 lbs. caught at Gardner Lake in 1962. Unbelieveable that the channel cat record stood for 28 yrs. until Larry got that biggun down at 435. The KDWP lady , Teri, is going to email me today or tomorrow a complete list of info. for all the past channel,blue, and flathead records dating back to the first fish they recorded. I told her there was a big interest in past Kansas State fishing records , and it would be nice if she would create a page on the KDWP website , so this info. could be shared with curious fisherman , like myself. She said , it would take alot of time, but she would look into. Hopefully she can get this done. :big_smile:

8. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    dont know wich one but at the state fair there was a flatie mounted and the game warden there told me it used to be a record fish

9. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I've got a KC Star article from 2000 that says that Jim Edmiston's 94lb blue cat (current state record) was caught from the Missouri River across from Parkville. The prior record was a 90lb'er, caught earlier that same year from the Kansas River by Preston Stubbs, Jr. of Desoto, KS.

I wish I could post the full article, but it's copywrited. :sad2:

10. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    ive been lookin all day for info on past state records and came up w/ nothin so far. i thought the WWW had everything one would want :smile2:

11. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Still waiting for the info. sorry fellas.

12. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

the old pomona records one came from the spill way(my cousin caught that one)and the other came from the mouth of the big creek at the end of the lake i cant remmeber what thats called

13. KC Beer Man

KC Beer Man New Member

State:
    Kansas
    if you are talking about the creek that dumps in at the southwest end then thats the Dragoon