Kansas Fishing Question

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by KS_coyotee, Oct 2, 2007.

1. KS_coyotee

KS_coyotee New Member

State:
    Kansas
    All KS Catfishers,

I am new to this forum, and this is my second post. I have been fishing for many years and now have found an old college buddy here (catmanjack).

I do have a question regarding the regulations pertaining to catfish jugging in kansas. Is it allowed?

Is it or can it be considered an unattended line, and if so how many can be set out?

Also, if they are legal, has anyone purchased the type that are sold on the internet that have 1/2 pvc pipe and floating foam or are you just using milk jugs, etc.

thanks in advance.

KS_coyotee

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010
  2. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Jug fishing is not allowed on ks lake. To the best of my knowledge. Only trot lines and i think it is 2 lines per person and only twenty five hooks on each trot line. For a total of 50 hooks. I think i could be wrong too. I would go to the ks game and fish web site to double check. Hope this helps. Welcome to the boc

3. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    Welcome to the BOC. I also dont think that jugging is legal in Kansas. I have never seen anyone doing it, but that doesnt mean anything either. The last post was best advice to give, check out the KDWP website and see what it says. I am sure that you will enjoy this forum, but beware its very addictive!!

4. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

on the website for kansas it tells ya thats its not allowed...welcome to boc

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    ???? I guess its not juging if its attached to the bank????:confused2:

6. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    Up to 8 set lines with no more than 2 hooks each or one trot line with no more than 25 hooks. I suppose bank lines with jugs for floats would be ok, as long as they're attatched. There's lots of flats here in kansas, please return the trophies to fight another day, I like catfish meat as much as anybody, but I want to catch trophies on rod and reel even more, like most of us here. Good luck, try tube lines attatched to trees.

7. KS_coyotee

KS_coyotee New Member

State:
    Kansas
    guys,

thanks for your responses to the question. I did email KDWP the question on their website and will post the response when I receive it. I clarified that these catfish jugs would be secured with a shore line. Hopefully they will reply positively.

till then, thanks

Ks_coyotee (alan)