Kansas Fall Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by KC Jayhawk 78, Jun 19, 2008.

What Kansas Reservoir to have Fall Gathering ?

1. Perry

2. Clinton

3. Cheney

4. El Dorado

5. Toronto

6. Tuttle Creek

7. Melvern

8. John Redmond

9. Pomona

10. Wilson

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Alright members , lets vote.:big_smile:

2. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    didnt see the poll when i got to the thread :big_smile:

3. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Gus mentioned Jack would like it if it wasnt too far away for him. somewhere in the middle of the state would probably be fairest thing to do.

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Shot a PM to Paul , and he turned the Poll on. Thanks Paul. I could only pick 10 , so I listed the ones that I see most people posting about. I left Milford out, because we already had the June Gathering there, and I figured everyone might want to try another reservoir. If I was wrong, then speak up. If there is any other reservoir that you like , that isnt listed ,then just post it, and we can count votes for it also. :big_smile:

5. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i picked Redmond. i been wantin to give that log jam a try and hopefully they will be lettin water out cuz tht spillway looks aweful inviting.

6. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Yeah JJ, I know , Ive been down there once this season, but I didnt take my cat gear. Me and Richard were chasing crappie and white bass, and they werent biting. I saw a guy catch about a 15 or 16 lb. channel on cut shad, and I was pissed that I didnt bring my cat rods. Its running good right now, we might have to go there this weekend. :wink:

7. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    well i voted tuttle but didnt see your thread jj i am all for john redmond

8. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    The Frau and me would be ready for this. I didn't vote, mainly because I'm not familiar with any of them. The only other lake we've camped at was Marion. I like J.J.'s suggestion though, somewhere centrally located for everyone.
    We plan on visiting at least a couple of different lakes this summer, if anyone can offer some suggestions where we'd find some good shore fishing I'd appreciate it. Don't want to take the Catoon with the price of gas.
    I'll check out some of the one's mentioned and see what they look like, but we'd be up for where ever the majority chooses.

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Kristine, I see you down there. This is just a rough draft. Once we get an idea of where we are going to hold it, we will start the official thread in the Gatherings forum. I promise. :big_smile:

10. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    The majority of the Kansas members are in Northeast Kansas, but Wilson would be the closest for Jack and Gus. I voted for Perry, but Ill be up for whatever. With it being a few months off , itll be plenty of time to save some gas money, and plan for.

11. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i have never fished any of the lakes mentioned so it will be a fun experiance for me i mainly fish rivers

12. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Perry,Clinton,Pomona,Redmond, have some great spillway fishing, with spots to fish along the river down stream. This helps for us guys who dont have a boat.

13. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    maybe a good place for jack to teach his skills would be a good spillway or below it

14. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    even 3 hrs is close for us i think that will be pretty much the middle

15. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I dont know much about the Kansas lakes but sure will try to make it if possible. I'll start planning when the vote is official :smile2:

16. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    jj thank you and it will be fun some of the new members might get to meet some of the old and everyone will get to see what the net light is all about not just another light but a very functional tool every night fisherman needs forgot to mention every one please take the time to thank jack for this opportunity his screen name is megacat77

17. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Redmond has an awesome spillway with the Neosho running through it. Lots of flatheads in that river from what I gather. Here is a pic of it. Good campground, with Group Shelter. Lots of bank fishing spots.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll48/k1978a/tileprintphp.jpg

18. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I vote for John Redmond. Its pretty central and has a great river forming it. I also want to see that log jam. We should be able to make it, I hope. I would like to get some river fishin in why you guys.

19. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    What dates look good for you all ? Like Casey said, the first weekend after labor day, which would be Sept. 5,6, and 7, and Casey was talking about fishing on the river , well, Perry and John Redmond both have good camping by the spillway, with the river running downstream from there. :big_smile:

20. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I voted for Redmond, but it really doesn't make any difference. I'm so talented that I can get skunked on any body of water!!