Kansas Concealed Weapons Permit

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Chris, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Has anybody heard any news on the concealed weapons permit? I know that they are trying to pass a law that we can carry with the required paper work and what not.

chris

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I havent heard anything yet Chris.

3. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

i think its still up in the air chris, ihope it come through , i will be getting on

4. tackleman

tackleman New Member

State:
    Olathe. Kansas
    I didn't know they were trying to pass it again. We've came so close only to have 2 governers veto it. Will have to check the Kansas site and see. Chris are you still coming home in Sept?

5. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Yep I should still be moving back to Kansas in Sept, but first I have to sell this house, buy another house, find a job, and move. I got a lot of irons in the fire right now.

chris

6. tackleman

tackleman New Member

State:
    Olathe. Kansas
    Have you got an idea of where your going to live? I'm in Olathe and always looking for someone to fish with.I browsed the Kansas Gov. site and could not find anything on the CWP. If there is anything they are keeping it low profile.

7. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Chris , I could probably get you on out here in Olathe at Tyson Foods. Got any forklift/reachlift experience?

8. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Yeah
    I've got some fork lift experience but I dont have anything documenting my experience though. I am looking for a job that starts out around 15.00 or higher per hour. There are a couple of companies that I am looking into Black and Veatch and Aerotek. I have 5 years of Safety Managment, 4 years of Hazardous Waste Management, work center supervisor, etc... I have a lot more items that I could write down but it would take me awhile.

chris

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Tyson only starts at about 12 per hour. Good luck finding a job. When you get back in Sept. maybe we can hit the MDC river. :)

10. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Sounds like a good plan to me, the spot that I fish is kinda of hard to get too, the bank is extremely steep and can be very muddy but if the river is at the right level, you make your way down the steep inbankment and it will level off for about 6 feet just enough to set your gear down and a little bit of room.

chris

11. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Chris ,
    Have you ever fished the low water dam at Ottawa? or under the old railroad bridge about 50 yds downstream from the LWD? Both good spots.

http://img21.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc226&image=df7f0_mdc_1.JPG

http://img140.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc147&image=9608a_mdc_2.JPG

Or what about the LWD at Osawatomie?
    I know of a couple other holes just outside of Ottawa also. One of them is awesome , about a 30 ft deep hole. Impossible to cast to though, too many low hanging trees. Banks too steep to fish down there. You can barely see it from where we fish. If we had a small john boat or something we could get down there right on top of that hole. I probably wont have a boat till may'07.

12. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    The spot that I fish is off of Columbia Rd, I am not for sure about the street number, its in the 300's

chris

13. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Chris , that spot your talking about , is it in Ottawa ?

14. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    NO, its outside of Paola about 10miles. I know for a fact that you drive past the recycle center or some type of waste site and you follow that road all the way down till it makes a T and take a left and the road will split take the right and go down that road a ways and I believe that you cross the river twice then the road will curve to the right but take the little gravel road straight then turn left then make a right and follow that road all the way down until it ends its only about a mile or so. There is a sign that says "Minmiunm Maintanence Road Travel at you own risk" The few times I have been down it, the road is still in good condition. There will be a bridge at the end of the road. I asked the guy that lives in the house up the road, if he would mind if I fished down there, he said that he thought that it would be ok just stay on the left side of the bridge though.

chris

15. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Hopefully, that I will be purchasing a boat some time this year, I am looking for a decent size boat that I can take out on the Kansas and Mo rivers. I like to be very carefull around the MDR areas because I dont like the MDR with out permission from a land owner first.

chris

16. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I have fished about anywere you can fish on the mdr on public property (near by). I think i know were you are talking about outside ottawa. Is it on the n.west side of town on a min mant road? I would really like to try in town above the 68 bridge were that little creek or drain is but they have a limited acces road with sighns posted. do they let people drive on this road w. permission?

17. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    They should because its still county property but the county has to put the signs up because they do not maintain the roads since it would be a waste of their time since the bridge is out.

chris

18. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Alright, I believe that I found the place that I fish, its about 351st and Columbia. Its directly east of Osawatomie and directly south of Paola. You get there by taking 169 south to the Exit to Osawatomie(should be 347th st) take a left following 347th until it ends, it should end at Hedge Ln. Then take a right, the road will curve just a bit, take the first left, its also called hedge Ln. Take a right onto 351th st. Now I cant remeber if you turn right on Columbia or go straight but I think that I got you in the general area. You will see a road with grass down the middle of it that will lead to the bridge.

Hope this helps
    chris

19. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I'm sorry I guess I was not being specific enough. The place I was wanting to try is in ottawa. If you head into town driving west on 68, go strait through the light and over the river to the right there is a small creek about 150yds.from the bridge. they have the banks raised on the sides of the river and on top of the bank on the east side their is a gravel path they have made. were you get on the gravle path they have sighns up saying something about access by permission only or something like that.

20. AC1108

AC1108 Member

State:
    Kansas City, Mo
    I have only fished the MDC one time in Ottawa by the sewer treatment plant with excellent results. I was pretty suprised that that small body of water could hold that size of fish. They were only in the 10lb range but much more than what I expected.