Kansas City's secret Santa

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by brad kilpatrick, Dec 22, 2005.

1. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Here in KC We are Blessed with a generous man who wanders around our city during christmas time handing out $100 bills to the down trodden and homeless folks. He is only known as Secret Santa. This has gone on for as long as I can remember, and always touches My heart. As the story goes Santa found himself broke and homeless in Tupelo, Mississippi When a diner owner,Joe Horn, gave santa a twenty dollar bill. This gift of twenty dollars put santa back on the right track and Now is quite Wealthy. Santa has never foregotten where He came from and has been helping the less fortunate for Years Now. This year He went back to hurricane ravaged Mississippi to give out the $100 bills. Here in KC We can only imagine how many lives our secret santa has touched. What an inseration this humble and generous Man is.

I was wondering if there are any other communitys that this kind of thing goes on, or is it unique to KC?

Merry Christmas to all

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Man that's awesome....he must be a great guy! Dont have anything like that around here.

3. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    must be unique to k.c.but thats great for him to do that.....

4. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

We have a guy/gal (not sure which) who deposits gold coins in the Salvation Army buckets in the Quad Cities area every year.

Ray

5. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    here in KC i've heard of the gold coins being put into the Salvation Army buckets as well. This Secret Santa fella just blows Me away, It was reported that he gave away $75,000 in $100 dollar bills. While He was in Mississippi, He gave $5000 to the familys of two police officers that lived through the hurricane only two be killed during a domestic violence call a few weeks ago. But most of the money goes to people he just sees on the streets.

6. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    thats awesome
    we have a someone that drops gold coins in the salvation army buckets here too no one knows who is doing it either

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Awsome story. Was that Joe Horn as in "the" Joe Horn?

8. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Ex Chief current saint joe Horn?? No My mistake guys name is Ted, Ted Horn He's an old man that still lives in Tupelo Miss. They have a big deal on the local news here every year, Just saw it again. sorry My Bad

The news follows Santa around, They never show his face, just his hand full of $100's. pretty touching to see Santa find some poor old guy digging for his dinner in a dumpster and then handing him a couple of them C-notes. Some cry,some thank God,some jump up and down screaming,some are just stunned.

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    There is a man that comes into the area here from time to time, including the week of Christmas. He rides in a limo and passes out 100 dollar bills. He came in a bar a bunch of us used to frequent and bought everyone a round.

There is also a man's family that always drives thru the poorest side of town and plays Santa on Christmas eve. He started it many, many years ago and his family is continuing it in the same neighborhoods. The son now comes home from Atlanta and carries on this tradition. They make sure that anyone that has a need, is somehow compensated. And some that don't have a great need, just can't afford that special toy for a child are taken care of too.

Merry Christmas !

10. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    The Salvation army has received over 325 gold coins since 1982. If you dont belive me.... google it.
    David Frantz