Kansas City Sports Show

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by brad kilpatrick, Dec 23, 2005.

1. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Does anyone plan on going to the sports show jan 3-8Th. I usally go and tease myself every year. They got some pretty cool stuff there some years.

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Doubt if I will make it this year Brad. Sure is fun to look at everything there.
    I went to Springfield today, stoped by Bass pros outdoor world, thats torture enuff for me LOL.

3. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    i will be going this year, last year was the first year in a long time i didnt go. there is some cool stuff there, and people every now and then.

4. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I will probably be there, i haven't missed a year in a while. They are having some good bass fishing seminars this year. Kevin Vandam, Roland Martin, Brent Chapman, and some more. There is also a seminar on catfishing in the river, but i think i will be in school that day.

5. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    yah i hope to go to the sportmans show> havnt been in a while but plan to go this year. hope to go to some good seminars

6. benchwarmer

benchwarmer New Member

State:
    kansas
    Say guys, where is the kansas city sports show being held? Maybe I can convince "the boss" to let me go, or better yet to go with me.

7. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Richard
    Welcome to the BOC!

The last time that I was home they held the sports show at Bartle Hall but things do change.

chris

8. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    yep its at bartle hall jan3-8 tickets a $9

9. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yeah i'll try and make it, friday at 3 Jamison is going to talk about blue cats on the river.

10. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    went and saw Jaimison speak tonight. very informitive. did anyone else make it?

11. benchwarmer

benchwarmer New Member

State:
    kansas
    Cant go today, too many irons in the fire. Darn it

bench

12. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yeah I went and saw Jamison?. I would use the word "informitive" very loosely. He seemed just like any cat guy I have talked to. Keeps the detailed info to them selfs and just gives you little treats here and there. Then again he did not give any new information that has not been talked about here on the boards.

13. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Very true, not any earth shattering news. but it was better then sitting at home holding down the couch, at least it was related to fishing.

14. Willy

Willy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You want earth shattering news,spend time on the river 12 months out of the year and stay on top of what the fish are doing and you will not need someone to tell ya where to go and what to use,He is a good personal friend and probably the one of the biggest advicates of catfish you will find,I mean he is serious about catfishing and blues are what he chases 12 months out of the year. If anyone spent as much time as he does chasing them ,they deserve to catch a world record and I think in time he will,I hope I am in the boat with him when he does.

15. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Willy, I only dream of one day having as much time to fish the river as it seems he does. I thought he had great information on the part on the ages of fish and the size they are. I'm glad he is helping the conservation department with there study on blue cats. I can only see good things come out of there research. I would love to go fishing with him to better understand what he sees on his fish finder. I think that's the biggest key learning what to look for on the fish finder. That and position of the boat on the fish you find.