Kansas city river fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Steveng79, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Steveng79

Steveng79 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have been catfishing a long time at Truman, Smithville, etc. I also trotline and have caught a few fish over 50lbs, but none over 30 on rod and reel. I want to start fishing the missouri and/or Kansas river. I dont think my boat is the best for the river, its a 17.5 foot bass tracker with a 40 merc. I would like to find someone to go with that has expierence.

I live in KCMO and need help to start cathing the big ones in the local rivers.

Steven

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Steven. I'm in the same boat. Haven't fished the rivers. Need to find some one to take me out also. Not about to try it by my self. Iv'e got a 16.5' Lund with a 40 and a 9.9 kicker.

3. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Well I don't have a boat and I am willing to try it with the both of you guys.

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC from southeast kentucky its good to have ya aboard

5. Steveng79

Steveng79 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Well Bluejay, we should just give it a try. I will bring lifejackets and swinfins!

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    $$$$ well spent if you guys would hire a guide on that 1st trip.
    They can show you the river and what it takes to catch fish.

7. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I might just have to do that.

8. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    There's a couple different guides on the Missouri river I know of. One is in Waverly missouri the other is here in Kansas city. Heck I probably could be persuaded to go out and show you the river. A guide really is your best bet though. If you need info on either one give me a PM.

9. myname6

myname6 New Member

State:
    MO
    Maybe a couple of us could go in together if we could find a good guid split the cost

10. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Adam, that might just work.

11. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Hey Kevin I'm back from Disneyland and ready to fish.If we go out with Captain Catfish it would run us about 100 apiece if there's 3 of us. I can go any sat sunday or monday. Tried out the mighty Kaw yesterday. I had some fuel line problems so I didn't run that far up. Suprisingly I caught nothing on turkey liver 0r shad sides or Orient express. nightcrawlers on the bottom produced a 26" channel a 30" carp a couple small channels and some drum. Didn't stay there very long cuz I ran out of worms. Was getting bites pretty fast. tried 2 places for Blues with skipjack and had 1 decent bite in 2 hours. Can get to that spot in my bass boat so we can try again this weekend if you want. Might try that and the missouri too if you want. I can go anytime this weekend.:confused2: eric