Kansas City Area

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by kmcalester, Jan 13, 2008.

1. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Looking for a good fishing bubby; doesn't matter if it bank or boat fishing. JUst looking for someone that enjoy's fishing.

2. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Where's the big one's at the is weekend?

3. ARMYCATS

ARMYCATS New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I wish i could be there cuz i would love to go but unfortunatly im in iraq right now lol

4. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Keep me posted when you are back home.

5. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    hey Kevin, have you tried where the kaw dumps in the mo ?? me & my brother tried there on night and, for the lack of a stronger word, got SKUNKED. just curious if it was just a bad night.

6. JoeFriday

JoeFriday New Member

State:
    Indep. missouri
    I never even thought about going out at kaw point...I thought you would catch anything there because of pollution but now i see all these pictures of fish from that area so i know where im going this year..Actually drove down there today to check it out.

7. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Where is it that y'all are callin Kaw Point ?? Is that where the Kaw dumps into the Missouri ??

8. JoeFriday

JoeFriday New Member

State:
    Indep. missouri
    yea thats the name of the boat area down there

9. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    I see. My brother & I went there once last fall, fished for about 12 hrs coverin just about a mile of the ramp side and didnt get anything. it was just a bad night, it has all the makings of a good hole. it was nice out there though, nobody bothered my work truck w/ all my lawn equip. on it nor said anything about the fire i built.

10. kc river kid

kc river kid New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    ya it's a good hole i fish there all summer long i will be there soon as it gets hot but that spot is not to good ware the kaw drops in to the mo and shad is ok but drum is good for blue cat

11. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    It's really hit and miss unless you know of the secret spot I have never got skunked, at right there on the Missori river on the Ks. side.

12. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    heck, we should of found somethin with as much ground we covered that night. i had to check where i was at a couple times makin sure i wasn't in the next town:smile2:

13. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Trust me I do understand.

14. kc river kid

kc river kid New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    do you fish the kaw a lot?:confused2:

15. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i do through Topeka area & outskirts. i go to lawrence to the low head dam a few times a year too

16. kc river kid

kc river kid New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    topeka is it good fishing?

17. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    the flat in my pic was caught in the middle of town by the new topeka blvd bridge and my brother got a 25# 800 ft. up river from the wier. we did great this past year on the Kaw. those were the 2 biggest but we caught alot of 10# & under and filled a deep freeze and the freezer of a side by side fridge. year before when were mainly fishin ponds, lakes, and small rivers we didnt do as well. prob just a bad year though cuz cats are everywhere in kansas. best night we had that year was in a pond smack dab in the middle of town. we got 16 channel, biggest 6#, smallest 2 1/2#. all in a cpl hrs.

18. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    hey kmcalester I am in the same position I am somewhat afraid to go out on the mighty mo all by myself. I'm a channel cat catchin veteran but I'm new to fishin rivers. I swim well but that current intimidates me. I've got an 18' bass boat set up for the missouri and I'm working on my 16' jon boat {i've got 17 rod holders at last count }for the Kaw. But I could use somebody who can teach me to throw a cast net and who knows the river.I could set you up on 50-100 channel catfish in return. I fish small community lakes a lot. give me a pm when it warms up. I only work 4 days a week so I'm off every sat sun mon Eric :big_smile:

19. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Most people will leave you alone there. Security drives thou every so often all day and night. Plus on friday and saturday nights there's a lot of boat traffic. As far as the kansas dumping into the missouri I have only seen one person do any good from the boat ramp down to the missouri. This kid just hit it perfect though and I mean perfect. That night nobody could do anything wrong. He had over 160 pounds of fish cought off the boat ramp. His big one was over 60.

20. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i havent given up on the spot. there are always bad nights. we didnt have a boat then so now we can get to different spots better. i wont be gettin out on the MO river though w/ only this 8 hp motor we have i can tell ya that. that river was flat movin !!