Kansas Catfish Management Plan

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by dougc, May 26, 2007.

1. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    The state of Kansas is looking for public input on a proposed catfish management plan. Let them know your thoughts.

http://kdwp.blogspot.com/

2. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I'm definetely going to write some thoughts. Thanks Doug. I would love to see some slot limits or minimum size limits for Blues, which just got stocked in Clinton and Perry reservoirs.
    They only put somewhere around 12 or 13 thousand in each lake. I would like to see something put in place to see that they have a chance to take off. Charlie Ballenger made a good point, that they probably will be mistaked for channel cats, and probably wont make it passed the bean hole fisherman. I still have dreams that Clinton and Perry could be like Milford in a couple of decades if the fish were given a chance to take off. Well no since writing too much of my opinion here I need to tell KDWP.

3. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    I read it and don't really have any objections. There is something that I would like to see happen though, and it doesn't really have anything to do with management. I go to school in Missouri and noticed that there is alot of access to rivers and streams there. Here in Kansas, outside of the KC and Lawrence areas (as far as I know) there really aren't any public places to access streams and rivers here in Kansas. Most of the rivers and streams run through farmland and all that so boat access and even bank fishing is really limited in my opinion. I could be wrong, but it seems that if you want to get on alot of these places you kind of have to live in those small towns and have a relationship with the farmers to gain access.

4. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Thanks for the heads up on this. On my way right now!:boss:​