Kansas baits

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by beakus, Nov 3, 2006.

1. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    what bait fish are there in kansas besides perch,shad and goldfish in kansas for blues and flathead?

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Heres what the reg. book says. Bait fish Minnow or carp family, sucker family, top minnows or killfish family, shad family, sunfish family, excluding black basses and crappie, which may be used only if caught by hook and line.Bait fish exclude any of those fishes specifically named by regulation as Kansas threatened or endangered species. Bait fish may not exceed 12 inches, and the possession limit is 500 per person. Legal fish bait includes artificial lures, bait fish, prepared bait, worms, salamanders, frogs, and crawfish. Any LEGALLY TAKEN wildlife may be used, including sportfish of legal length taken by hook and line.

3. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

well let me know if you cacth a perch in kansas(there isnt any lol) bluegills suckers carp make up alot of my bait and so does shad

4. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I've seen yellow perch caught here

5. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    How about green sunfish Not Black Perch As they are called here in kansas They are in the sunfish family.

No perch in Kansas that I know of yet.

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Funny how in different parts of the country, fish have different names. Now a black perch, to some, is a black crappie. Perch is a term which is used to include the entire sunfish family, so in that sense, they are in Kansas. LOL What about the different names for a bullhead, or mud cat?

7. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
  8. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Think the KS record Yellow perch is like 14 oz., heard it was caught in a private lake NE of Manhatten. Used to catch them as a kid in Michigan, very tasty fish:big_smile:

9. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Just checked, new record in 2000...........1.06 lb. from a Coffey county farm pond. Someone had to stock that on purpose.

10. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    DAMM Charlie, where ya been?? I thought maybe you slid off a cliff somewhere chasing deer! Haven't seen you for a while!

What's up? Can you believe this weather??:crazy:

11. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Been doing some squirrel hunting, a couple of duck hunts, a few times out for deer and of course the big fun..................5 days on a jury for medical malpractice:eek:oooh: .

Sounds like some cooler weather heading in tonight, to bad I just started my 7 days on. Hope we get a good push of birds so I get to do some hunting when I get off.

12. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I go in for Jury Duty on Monday....my first time ever. Can't wait!:confused2:

We just finished moving, sold our house, get to break ground next week. Have to get the house built by May, when the fishing really starts picking up again!:cool2:

I think me and the Dutch Bag might be going to Toronto tomorrow afternoon/night. Not for sure yet. Going somewhere, just not shure where to go......any suggestions?

Anywhere on your river doing any good? Or are you to busy hunting?