Kankakee River

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by mdudes17, Jun 17, 2006.

1. mdudes17

mdudes17 New Member

State:
    Chicago, Illinois
    Any one fish the Kankakee River? If so, what part?

2. LanceRomance

LanceRomance New Member

State:
    IL
    I usually fish between the wilmington dam to IL river. Seems to be pretty good depending on what time of year it is. How bout you?

3. mdudes17

mdudes17 New Member

State:
    Chicago, Illinois
    i usually fish in Momence, Il. in Kankakee county. You know where that is? I might buy some property out there this week.

4. catfishingRon

catfishingRon New Member

State:
    Earlville, IL
    Mdudes17,

I was going to try fishing the river in Aroma Park sometime. Do you know if the catfishing is any good there. I would like to take my boat there.

5. mdudes17

mdudes17 New Member

State:
    Chicago, Illinois
    i've never fished in Aroma Park, wheres that at?

6. catfishingRon

catfishingRon New Member

State:
    Earlville, IL
    Its in between momence and kankakee. Its south of where the old fruit stand/apple orchard used to be

7. mdudes17

mdudes17 New Member

State:
    Chicago, Illinois
    drove through Aroma Park today. Don't know how the fishing is but it looks nice.

8. FishingGuy

FishingGuy New Member

State:
    kankakee,IL
    Ive fished aroma park it is ok you get alot of carp but it is better then nothing. there are some nice channel cats out in the aroma park area.ive had luck there about a week ago.if you go good luck

9. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    I fish in Kankakee right by the dam, Court St. bridge and River Road it's not bad fishing and it is not the best I've fished either, maybe it is because I have not figured it all the way out yet. Only been seriously fishing it a little under a year.
    As far as Aroma Park I don't know a great deal about the fishing there except I see alot of people shore fishing by the bridge by the park. I do know that the maps of the river I have and from hearing people talk that that section of the river has some very shallow parts making it hard to get a boat through there unless the river is up.