Kanawha River 6-2 and 6-3

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA RIVER TALK' started by Possom, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Possom

Possom New Member

State:
    Wv
    Nothing Saturday night not even a run. Now Sunday made up for Saturday with my good friend catching 15lbs 13oz flattie . will try to get a pic up tommorrow.

2. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    possum you giving us wv boys a bad name. there are some bigger cats than that down there i know this...Guess i will just have to come in for alittle early visit and take you on a cat trip...Might even bring the boat.

3. bigleroy

bigleroy New Member

State:
    wv
    I went sat night also boated about 95#'s of flats.The biggest was 27#'s and 40inchs long.Caught 9 in all lost 2.The bait of the night was gills live or the head.

4. bigleroy

bigleroy New Member

State:
    wv
    where u at on the kanawa.I would be glad to share some spots with you.I mostly fish from the coal river in st. albans down to the ohio.

5. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    use to get alot of bait in st albans, at lower falls man the shad are there like crazy..

6. Possom

Possom New Member

State:
    Wv
    Boys im tryin not to give us a bad name. Going through a little rough water right now. Just lettin everybody know how my friends and me are doin on the water. There is three of us fishing. I know first hand there is big fish in the water im fishing. Everybody is helping me and im thankfull for it.

7. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    also that big fish there might be an old carp...

8. bigleroy

bigleroy New Member

State:
    wv
    How deep where you fishing? We couldnt get a bite sat. in any thing less than 15 feet and 20 to 25 was even better. I mostly ancore about 30 yards or so off the bank trying to stay clear of bardge traffic.Most of the time doing that most of the fish are caught strait in front of the boat. Sat we had to fish right in the main river channel.P.S. hope this helps.

9. Possom

Possom New Member

State:
    Wv
    I really dont know How deep i was fishing. I was fishing from the bank. I do know it took about 4 secs to hit botton with a 3oz no roll. But IM not giving up.

10. archer1914

archer1914 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    hey guys new on here i will now check this section of the site more often i've been going out when i can and trying to get some equipment together to get some better chances for the big boys have been hitting the st. albans boat ramp for awhile mostly because of the ease on gas and it has a light and i don't have a boat it was good for a little while but now it seems that they have slowed down and what few are biteing are quickly and i mean quickly wrapping around somthing and we are breaking off

11. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    like i said i am coming in sunday not bringing my boat but if you wanna try to hook some let me know. i have few holes above the locks as well as below the locks. Also a little hint there are monsters in the poca river..

12. archer1914

archer1914 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    if i can make it up after we will see thanks for the tip have some new gear to try out locks have been on my mind for it have to work till noon and do a little around the house

13. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    hey possum up for sunday?