Kanawha River 5/27/07

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA RIVER TALK' started by Possom, May 28, 2007.

1. Possom

Possom New Member

State:
    Wv
    Didnt do to bad but could have done better. Caught 3 channels and 2 baby flats. All on warmouths. Believe the big ones are on Spawn but not real shore. Did hook one and broke it off on a snag but thats fishing at its best. Kanawha River was where we were at in Mason Co.

2. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    driving towards winfeild on rt 35 theres the river view bait shop or something like that. Straight across the river there is a little drainage pipe that allows water into the river, come off the bank 30 feet and go downriver like 20-40 ft. use to be alittle flat about 40 ft long. bWe have hung many cats over 40 a few at the 50-60 lb range. If you have a boat or want more places i use to fish on the kanwha PM me...

3. bigleroy

bigleroy New Member

State:
    wv
    I would love to find some new spots on the kanawa. I fish it almost every weekend eithr in tournement or for fun.I didint PM you because I am new on here and only have 2 post counting this one and it says I need at least 10. P.S. I fish 100% catch and release .My best spot is below buffalo about 3 miles or so.

4. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sent you a pm..Ever need a fishing partner for the tournament let me know. we could make some money.

5. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Also if your willing to drive we could hit some tournaments in ohio. as well as here

6. bigleroy

bigleroy New Member

State:
    wv
    For some reason I didnt get the pm. And far as the tourenements go I fish from a 18ft pontoon with 4 people right now so its a litte crowded but when some one wants to fish I cant say no_Other tournements sound great but I have no more time right now.We hade one on the ohio this year we launched at mason levy ramp,Didnt have much luck though.the next one is June 16 at the bufflo ramp thats my best spots.

7. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    From buffalo ramp to the lock i have 6 great spots. and 1 that always produces nice double digits weight

8. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i sent the PM to possum sorry

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on the catches!!!

10. purebonewv

purebonewv New Member

State:
    west virginia
    hello fellas i live in mason county i fish both ohio and the kanawha rivers unfortunalty i have no boat and only a limited time to fish mostly weekends i fish under the train bridge in henderson from the bank from time to time and have yet to catch anything decent do you guys have any advice for a bank fisherman that seems to not catch much from the bank such as baits, how to rig baits, or location from bank? any advice would be appreciated. thanks

11. Netman123

Netman123 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Have you guys been catching any skips or shad in the river below the Winfield dam?

12. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    yep plenty. have at least 100 shad froze up and at least 50 skips..the blue back should be in about 2-3 wks.