Kalamazoo river

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by Derick, May 17, 2006.

1. Derick

Derick New Member

State:
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    hey fellas,

i was wondering if anyone can tell me some good on shore catfishing spots in or around the k-zoo area?? from the posts i have read the k-zoo river seems good for cats, but where can i fish from shore?? any suggestions would be great!!

2. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Derick, welcome to the BOC!!! There are a couple of folks in that area that may be able to help you out soon...

3. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    look for jross on this site. He knows the kzoo better'n any of us.

That is a fantastic river, buddy. Welcome to the BOC.

Sal

4. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    You're not that far from the Allegan dam. Head North young man! Like Sal says, look up jross on the site. No one knows it better them him.
    Sparky

5. jross1901

jross1901 New Member

State:
    IL
    derrick

tis indeed a good cattin river. nice flats and channels and not alot of pressure on the flats. people always laugh when they see my big net, until i ask them later to snap a photo, haha.(i'm usually by myself)
    allegan area is good, however i don't fish past(southeast) the allegan dam. i live by the mouth of the river to the lake, so ive been trying to fish locally.
    if you ever want to get together for an evening let me know.
    good luck
    -jim

6. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Welcome Derick You got to watch out for sparky dreamcatcher "vic" and sal they are a little crazy:big_smile_2: but they do catch a fish or two!

7. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    How in the world did jross escape from being one of the Crazy People. I was fishing with him one night, and saw him take a perfectly good bluegill, cut it up in pieces and use it for bait. Now, that's a little crazy isn't it? I mean we brought along a big container of night crawlers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way Jim, how has the fishing been on the Kazoo? Don and I didn't fare so well yesterday, but I put that on another Thread.
    Sparky

8. jross1901

jross1901 New Member

State:
    IL
    i missed being a crazy person because don and i haven't yet met. hopefully we'll get some fishing done sooner or later.
    i haven't had much time to fish, however i will this week.
    so hopefully i can catch a flattie.
    i have been bass fishing a few times and have killed them.
    last time we caught 34 fish in an afternoon.5-till dark. biggest was 20in about 4lbs. most around 2lbs. very fun.
    but i would rather here my bait0clicker sounding off:big_smile: :lol: \
    jon, how has the grand been, and would you want to get together for an evening catfishing.grand or k-zoo????
    -jim

9. jspiel

jspiel New Member

State:
    comstock park michigan
    the grand has not been treating me very well this year. But that is my fault i think. between working too much and having surgery not too long ago, im not spending the time on the river i should be.

I would love to get together with you Jim. you can show me how to catch a flat from shore. i'm really not that good at it. any weekend works for me, just let me know. Maybe vic and the others would like to join us? I hope so. anyway, just let me know and ill be there. tight lines Y'all.

jon