Kahle Hooks

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by BIG_D, Jan 1, 2009.

1. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i found some 8/0 kahle hooks made by kahle horizontal fish hook co.
    these hooks look just like eagle claw hooks thay are the bronze hooks
    thay are $5.99 for 100 thay had 200 i hope thay are decent cause i got all 200 probly have to sharpen theam up more but i sharpen the eagle claws but at that price i just had to try theam out as long as thear stronge i can live with sharpening theam at that price have any of you tried theam?
    this will give me something to do tying more leaders lol
    i ben using 4/0 as that was the bigest i could finde around hear
    i have tyed 100 4/0 now get 100 8/0 tyed i should be in good shape for the 2009 catfish seasen
    all i need now to be ready for the 2009 seasen is a no rolle mold and get my sinkers poord and im set.
    with the exseption of the new st.croix rod and pfluger g30 bait caster that i want dont need but realy realy want lol:wink:
    mabe i should have put this in the rambl sec seems i did do some rambling hear lol o well gota intertain you guys some how:wink:

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    St. Croix, ya said a mouth full there brother. I have some of their bass rods and love em. As far as the hooks, Kale is my style. Can't for the life of me get the hang of circle hooks. Guess i bass fished to long and want to help the fish get stuck.:smile2:

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    John i tried c hooks and kahle side by side last year and the kahles won hands down the c arnt all thay are cracked up to be in my openyun i know i just opend a can of worms but sorry its kahles for me

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dallas it sounds like you are getting the terminal tackle in order. I have always liked the kahle hook. It is the best of both worlds. You can set the hook or let the fish hook its self.

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I love the kahle hook, however the ones you are talking about are junk. They are brittle and break before 30 pound big game. Take and pair of pliers and bend them and you will see.
    For smaller fish I bet the would work but for bigger fish or fish in structure I wouldnt trust them.
    I will stick to the Eagle Claws. They are a tough hook and are priced right.
    Just my opinion.

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I haven't tried the ones you mentioned...but I do like the Eagle Claw 9/0 King Kahles. They are a good strong hook and plenty sharp right out of the box! I gave $17 for a box of 50.:crazy:

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    dont be telling me that $hit thats knot what i wanted to hear:sad2::crazy:

8. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    6 bucks for 100 does sound a little too good ta be true, hope they work out for ya, let us know when ya get them

9. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Yep, I like the kahles,, I've been using 7/0-10/0 and they're working good for me..
    Eagle Claw is the brnd I have currently... No problems.

10. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i like eagle claws dont get me wrong thay are the only hook i have ever used but i seen these and the price i just had to givem a try

11. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    ok i got the hooks today thay seem very strong to me i got a eagle claw out to compare theam i cant tell much diff the one thing that would go agenst theme for some is thay do need a good sharpening i dont finde this a prob myself i dont minde sharpening hooks to save this much monny just gives me some thing to do wile i sit in front of the TV i got 200 for what i give for 50 eagle i may cus theme later but i dont think so thay seem well worth the monny my 2 cents:wink:

12. jasonminitruck

jasonminitruck New Member

State:
    tennessee
    I bought some from ebay at the same price, so its probably the same seller, and they have worked great for me so far no problems.