kahle hooks

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catoon, Oct 4, 2008.

1. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    kahle hooks do you set them or let them set them self like circle hooks

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thats the great plus of usein em. Pick what ya wanna do. It will work both ways.

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Either or. Pretty much the only hook I use.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with what BigGeorge said. Kahles are my favorite hooks. I like to set them hard.

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's what I use too. I like them alot. They usually hook themselves, then I can set the hook without worrying about pulling it from their mouth. I haven't got the hang of the circle hook yet. Neither have my friends. I have caught some fish with them, but lost a bunch too either waiting for them to run with it (which they don't always do), or getting anxious, and trying to set the hook. I guess when I start drifting more, I will probably use a circle, but until then, I don't have a use for them.

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Big Geo hit it on the nail head let it hang itself are jerk a knot in his a$$ hole if you want

7. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    I like these hooks, but, they are the biggest snag magnet I have ever used. I seldem get a hook back, if it doesn't have a fish on then it's snagged up. I have used and lost more 5/0 and 6/0 wide gap kahle hooks in the last two years than a life time of J hooks. I'll still keep useing them as long as I can afford to keep buying them.

8. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    That's all i use are kahale hook's ...I let the hook's do the catching well i do the fishing lol

9. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    Usualy the hook has done most of the work before I pick up the rod, I still set the hook on them though.

One day when you're catching eaters and you get one destined for the cooler, try and rehook him by hand. You'll find its not as easy as you think. Also gets harder as they get bigger.

10. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    king kaels are better than the others they get a hookup 90 percent