kahle hooks?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by gottagetabigun, Mar 29, 2008.

1. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    can anyone tell me where i can buy STAINLESS steel kahle hooks? i jug fish some. i like a sharp hook. i use the nickel and bronze plated ones. when you take a file to them they rust in a matter of no time. mephis net and twine don't stock them and told me i had to buy 500ea. ($300 worth). if one knows anyone who stocks them i would be greatly appreciative.

2. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    ................. sells some stainless in 5/0 and 6/0 in Kahle. I picked up a 100 5/0 Mustad on clearance from them last year for 16.00. I think eagle claw is all they sell now but I don't only come in like 5 or 10 packs. They do sell 6/0 to 9/0 stainless circles which I highly recommend for jugging.

3. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    C-a-t-f-i-s-h-C-o-n-n-e-c-t-i-o-n. :confused2:

4. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Randy, I agree with catfishcentral on this one. I HIGHLY recommend a 6/0 circle for a jugline. You'd be amazed how the circles will hook and hold fish on jugs. I use 6/0 Eagle claw circles on my jugs. They ain't terribly pricey, but aren't cheap either. I pay around 31 cents each for them. Similar hooks can probably be found on ebay if you do a little research.

Whatever you decide, good luck with 'em.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Another vote for catfish connection here. I have heard the circles work well on jugs. I have had really good luck on 7/0 nickel plated eagle claw kahles so have never tried the circles. You can get the nickle plated up to 7/0 and the black pearl 8/0 - 10/0 from catfish connection in boxes of 50 hooks at a great price.

6. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i'm wondering why i'm just know hearing about catfish connection, i had to google it up to see it, what other good sites to look at? i don't have the gas to drive my truck to the bait and tackle shops anymore

7. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    or it may already be on here, i over look stuff alot