kahle hooks self hooking???

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by slikk03, Jul 26, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i run alot of kaels, do you think they self hook like circals or not,,i always freespooled them, just thoght id see whyat yall thoght:eek:oooh:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I use 8/0 for channels. And yes if ya keep em sharp they will set themselves.

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    whats up with that avatar:smile2:

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Its workin. Got your attention. LOL! If they are pickin on me they are leavin someone else alone. :wink:

5. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    lol thats something id do man,lol :smile2: i was going to put my bearded lady pic up lol fom a night were we had a big party lol but i decided not to lol:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

6. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    On flathead they will, never tried on anything else

7. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i dident know, so its safe to put em in a holder and wait till they self hook like a gamma

8. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    That's all i use ..just set your drag right... put the pole in a holder and let the kitty's hook them self's

9. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Whenever I am flathead fishing....I use 9 or 10/0 King Kahles and live bluegills. I stick the rod in the bank rod holder and make sure the drag is set right and just wait fror the rod to load up. I always give a jerk to make sure of a good hook set, but they're usually hooked themselves already.

I fish for bluecats the same way, but I use 10/0 circles for blues....with cutbaits.:wink:

10. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    I FIGERD THEY DID, BUT I LOCK MY DRAG DOWN,SO I NEED IT LOOSER IF IM GOING TO TIGHTLINE LIKE THAT RIGHT, LIKE I SAY I ALWASED FREESPOOLED KAELS,BUT NOW IM CHANGING THINGS UP, MY NEW HOLE I CANT FREESPOOL I JUST HOLD ONE ROD IN MY HAND UNTILL IT GOES DOWN, IM OUT OF CIRCALS, SO IM USING KAELS TIGHTLINED SO I MADE THIS POST

11. dex

dex Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I used circles many times but really never liked them. Used kahles and my hook up rate actually went up, yes they will set them selves many times I was busy with the kids and them in a school of bluegills and I forget about my own go back and fish on.