kaels for blue catfish

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by slikk03, Aug 27, 2008.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i love kings for flatheads will they work for blues,

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I gotta stick with my circle hooks, I have had too much luck with them to quit using them.

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    King Kahles will work very well on blues. I use them on flatheads, but am leaning towards 10/0 circles for big blues....they usually hit like a freight train and circles work well too.:big_smile:

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I use both circles and kahles and really like both. The 7/0 nickle plated eagle claw kahles and the 8/0 through 10/0 king kahles work great for blues, channels and flatheads. Just try to match your bait size to the hook size and size fish you are targeting. Another great thing about them is you can lock your reels down and fish them like circles or you can set your clicker and jerk as hard as you want to.

5. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    I use 9/0 10/0 KK's and circles, but, remember witch poles have the circles or you'll pull the hook right out. Blues are pretty aggressive when they hit, good sharp hooks are a sure bet if you find them and offer them what they want.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with Johnny on this one. I like the kahles because I love to set the hook hard.