K-zoo

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by jross1901, Jun 8, 2006.

1. jross1901

jross1901 New Member

State:
    IL
    Well i got to sneak out yesterday to one of my favorite afternoon banks spots. I could only manage 1 bluegill(i caught three but two were like 10inches so i let them go)
    for bait. but i had 8-10 dead ones for cut bait.
    i arrived at 6:15 pm, and rigged up my baitcaster with the 1 alive bluegill, and wouldn't you know that within thirty seconds after casting i got a nibble.
    i began cutting another gill when my clicker started humming.
    i hooked into something and couln't move this thing. (i havea 7.6ft MH baitcasting outfit 25lb test)after a minute or two it started to come off the bottom. finally after wearing the fish down i netted a beauty.
    it was a 11lb12oz flattie.(1st of the year) but i had her hooked in the belly. that's why i couldn't move this beast.
    i thought i had on a 30lber.lol
    also nothing on cut bait accept 1 big snapping turtle.
    only fished for an hour or two.
    heading out tonight with some more live bait.
    happy fishing
    -jim

ps i always catch my flats right before dark. rarely do i catch them at night.

2. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Big congrats go out to you! I'm still looking for my first flatty ever. I think this week - end Don and I are going up to Grand Rapid to fish the Grand River with Jon. Hopefully He will put us on to one or two. If not, I'm sure we will have a big time.
    Good Luck fishing tonight. I'm still waiting for a cat over nine lbs.
    Sparky

3. jross1901

jross1901 New Member

State:
    IL
    got another 6lb flattie yesterday evening.came on a live sucker.
    they're starting to pick up, although the dam was on and the river came up 2-3 feet from the day before.

4. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Good to hear your into some fish from the bank. I also saw a fish get snagged in the belly this spring. It was a 17 lb Channel cat.

5. Derick

Derick New Member

State:
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    jim,
    anytime you want to hook up and head over to allegan just let me know, i am always up for it!