jwfish....safe trip

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by justlearning, Feb 15, 2008.

1. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Jerry...guess you and your daughter will be on the way to the James tomorrow.....hope you have a safe trip.....and the both of you catch
    a new PB...looking forward to your reports......Hope to make it the James next week....

Jerry

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Jerry,
    I fished a half day today. Launched a Deep Bottom. Bait was easy. Funny thing, last three weeks tons of shad all up and down the north bank of the Deep Bottom loop. Not so today. I had to look like crazy to find decent marks to fish. I only caught one biggun today. Beautiful Day. Lots of eagles flapping around. A big ship came by as I was leaving.

Attached Files:

3. cataholic999

cataholic999 New Member

State:
    virginia
    I'll tell you guys a secret jus dont tell! Spring will be here in 4+or- weeks. All the signs of spring are here. So 4 weeks to the first herring run. I'll let you guys know when they are coming up the river. Osperys will tell the rest of the story. When they arrive its on!! Great Job on the hogs Kenneth! Have a great trip JW.

4. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    WTG Kenneth...see you're breaking in that seat in a good way...lol....Yea now that cargo ship will give a good wake....went by that one before and the wake went over the bow.....Boy was I itching to be on the river today....I blew out my transmission on the truck on the way home last Sunday and want get it back out the shop until sometime next week...having to rebuild it......couldn't talk any of the guys here into going.....4 days off work...should have been there.

OK Steve tell us more......don't know about herring run......more please.....cast net..gill net.....I know nothing.......

Jerry

5. cataholic999

cataholic999 New Member

State:
    virginia
    It will be better to show you!:wink:

6. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Keneth...did you notice what the water temp is today???

Jerry

7. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Man tell me a little....Jerry

8. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Thanks guys getting ready to leave now .My daughter has a lab top so I can post when I am down there,but no pitures till I get back.Hope to see a few of you on the river sunday or any day the rest of the week.Nice fish Kenneth I hope to see a few of them big guys.

9. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Water Temp has dropped from 50-51 back to 46 with the cold days. Yesterday was sweet 62 degrees by noontime. I love to fish the winter in a wool shirt and only put on the coat when I am running the boat. But,,,,,,,,,,,I have noticed over the years............., the fish do bite better on low light days, cloudy is best. Ohio Jeff, If it isn't blowing a gail Sunday, I will be fishing. Which ramp are you putting in and at what time Sunday morning? Current forcast is cloudy with 50% chance of rain late. That I can handle. As I was loading up yesterday, I saw two different boats putting in at Deep Botton. They were getting bait for a Catfish Tournament out of Jordon Point today. I might ride down this afternoon and take some pictures when they get back for the weigh in.

10. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Thanks Kenneth for the info....pics are always good....yep that's what I also think overcast is better...good luck your next trip out.....

Jerry