Just wondering

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by canepole, Dec 15, 2006.

1. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I was sitting here thinking about the size of some of the skips I caught last weekend, and some of you all may not know this but the current record for a skipjack is 4 LBS

Skipjack Herring* 4 lbs. Watts Bar Reservoir Chris Vittetoe February 28, 2004 .{"taken out of the TWRA site"}

I just wondering how many times people have caught bigger ones that didn't think nothing about the weight.

2. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    never thank to see how much they weigh am going today and will take a scale with me if i can remember that long. i know they are big.

3. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i'd like to see your name on the book's Tom!, last year i noticed that the Indiana gar record wasent that big but about the time i thought i'd try n break it someone set a high one.

4. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    the only hard part of checking one in is i believe that they have to be alive and they die quick

5. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    ya, i have looked at that skipjack record in the past.

The one i mentioned in the other thread was at least 3 pounds...in my trout days i would have called it a football. It's vacuum sealed and in the freezer.

I guess if a record skippy was worth a million or something i might be interested in trying for a record...lol

6. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I think I've bested the Ky. record a couple times just never thought about it at the time. Now I am weighing my big skipjacks, I figure the way people get hammered for keeping a big fish a bait record may be the only safe way to get in the record books :big_smile:

7. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    checked the skipjack i caught today and they were 2.75 pounds to 3pounds and they werent the big ones.

8. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Wow! John you've been holding out on us!!!! Up there catching "tripple" digit fish!:eek:oooh: Those are bigger than the last cat I caught on the Mississippi!:lol: I wish I knew how to post that pic! The bait was about 3 inches longer than the blue!