Just Wondering

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by laidbck111, Sep 8, 2006.

1. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

With all of this talk about rods and which is better and so. I was curious if anyone has ever used a "Rhino" rod for catfishing? I had one a few years back for crappie and bream but never a bigger one for catfish. If you have any experience's with these would you share them.

2. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    my son has a RHINO indestructable and he loves it, one piece. Seems to have good sensitive tip and a lot of backbone.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Good friend of mine had a couple of 8'ers.Had Abu 6000's on them and he loved the setup.He caught a 77.3lb flathead with it one night.I wouldn't have believed it but he had pics to prove it.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Wow, thanks for sharing your stories. I have never thought about buying one of these for catfish but I did like my crappie/bream rig.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    He still uses it when he's able to get out.That was 6 years ago and I'm not sure how long he had them before.If I ever get the money,I'll probably buy one.

6. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I bought one when I first started fishing the Missouri , Had a Penn 209 on it .1st day ,1st fish, had a run ,set the hook , fish never slow'd down, the rod snapped in half . The rod was not to blame , I had very little expereience and had my drag cinched completely down . always wondered what I had on ,anyway I learnd about drag real quick.

7. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    my friend give me one there rhino kevlar but a eye is missing for that reason i wouldnt buy one stick to the ugly stick

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I wasn't thinking of buying one. I saw one of their "baits" swimming across the tv screen and remembered the small one I had, when the rust broke free and the wheels started turning everso slowly.

9. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    lol im sorry .i dont understand? rust ?

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

The rust is in reference to "having a thought" very slowly, it was meant to be funny.

11. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    o thanks i was like in suspence.lol good saying.​