Just Wondering

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by trfoster, May 26, 2006.

1. trfoster

trfoster New Member

State:
    north carolina
    DOES ANYONE KNOW? I SAW A QUESTION COME UP ABOUT FISHING LINE,DOES COLOR MATTER? MY QUESTION IS DOES COLOR MATTER AT ALL WITH CATFISH? DO THEY OR OTHER FISH EVEN SEE COLOR OR ARE THEY COLOR BLIND? I MEAN I KNOW THEY MAKE ALL SORTS OF JIGGS AND LURES IN ALL SORTS OF COLORS AND SIZES TO INMITATE REAL FISH,BUGS,WORMS,FROGS,ETC BUT HAS IT EVER BEEN SCIENTIFICLY PROVEN THAT FISH ACTUALLY SEE IN COLOR? OR IS IT JUST MOTION, SIZE, SMELL,AND HOW HUNGRY? :smile2: JUST WONDERING.

2. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    The bright lines are to help the fisherman trace and track where the line is. The disapearing line concept I think is important when fishing for trout and salmon or steelhead when you trolling and you want a natural presentation. I still use the mono's you can't see for flats but I'm not sure if they wouldn't bite just as good with a colored line. most of the time we fish at night so I would think it would be okay. In clear rivers when you can see a steelhead or salmon using a bright colored line can help you aligh the lure right in front of the fish but still the leader is the mono you can't see.

3. trfoster

trfoster New Member

State:
    north carolina
    OK, LET ME REFRAISE THE QUESTION.DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY PROOF OR DOCUMENTATION THAT CATFISH OR FISH OF ANY SPIECES,ACTUALLY SEES IN COLOR? OR ARE THEY COLOR BLIND? COLOR OR BLACK & WHITE.:smile2: BUT MAINLY JUST INTERESTED IN CATFISH SPIECES:smile2:

4. trfoster

trfoster New Member

State:
    north carolina
    IT WAS THE QUESTION DOES LINE COLOR MATTER? THAT PROMPTED ME TO ASK MY QUESTION. DEPENDING ON THE INFO I GET BACK ON THIS QUESTION WILL DEPEND ON THE NEXT QUESTION TO PONDER:big_smile: