just wondering

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by cathouse, Sep 7, 2009.

1. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    Like so many others i am the happy owner of a tiger mh rod , and today out at the river playing around pulled out the tiger and slapped a 4oz. bank sinker on and lobbed it a few times then for kicks threw on 4 more .oz's and then another 4 , i guess what i'm getting at is how much have you thrown on this rod and why they would rate it's casting wieght so low when it can handle so much more seemingly so easy .

2. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    no one else finds this to be odd i suppose

3. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I have a MegaMag Hvy 8'6" graphite that can lift 20lbs of catfish up into a boat, and can cast 8oz. That can lobb way over a 1lb,that is only rated for 5oz.. But you will not see me casting that on them.:wink:

Lobbing weight and casting is 2 different issues. you slap over the disired manufacture's lure weight on any rod and lobb them.

But you stay with that Hvy weight on that tiger and reach back and snap cast that 12-16oz hard to get it on target,, The tip will most likely pop off on the first cast. IMHO.:wink:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  4. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I would jus get a pole that meets your needs. If you need something for heavier weight get another set up. It will be cheaper in the long run, should you break the tip off the one you have. good luck.

5. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    by no means do i need anything heavier as a matter of fact i bought that rods and all the reels for it in hopes of some day getting to big cat waters , my ugly cat and diawa 27h handle everything i might hook up with here just fine . i was out and had it in the van and decided i would get some practice in with the 209 and was wondering just how much that tiger could actually handle cause the 4oz. i was playing with originally seemed to barely flex the tip so i got curious , and yes i whole heartedly agree there was a point when casting turned to just lobbing .